Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Reputable Body Shop Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:37 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
After learning that the excellent Performance Bodyshop in Chaplehall outside Glasgow closed under tragic circumstances I’m looking for an alternative body shop to repair 2 front wings.

Can anyone make a recommendation for a restorer type body shop as opposed to one that just replaces panels ?

Thanks

72 DC

Post subject: Re: Reputable Body Shop Scotland
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:15 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7868
I have no personal experience of either but W.C Sheilds Airdrie Ltd and JM Autobody seem to come highly rated and are in the same postal area.

I do know of one chap who works in the same way as your original body shop but he he is way down South and it might just be a bit too far.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:07 pm 

I know a place out in Lennoxtown with a very good reputation!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:22 pm 

TIPEC membership: 8169
I know one in Gretna and I also know one in Stranraer.

Fun - 944 2,7 Lux '89
Old gentleman - Merc C220 '95, Elegance, almost mint
Work - Fraud Transit van, skip, bus...
Dream time daily - 3.6 997

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:41 pm 

I am reliably informed that Protek in Bathgate is the place to go

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:50 am 

Propaint Accident Repair Centre have good reviews online. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:44 pm 

TIPEC membership: 8988
72dc wrote:
After learning that the excellent Performance Bodyshop in Chaplehall outside Glasgow closed under tragic circumstances I’m looking for an alternative body shop to repair 2 front wings.

Can anyone make a recommendation for a restorer type body shop as opposed to one that just replaces panels ?

Thanks

72 DC

Hi,
I know this is an old post and you probably have had the work done 72 DC but for future ref, I can't recommend highly enough Peter at Prestige car bodies in Cockenzie East Lothian.
Had some work done recently and the job was perfect. He repairs mostly old and new high end cars but old Porsche is his thing,
He presently owns an absolute mint 944 Turbo (as well as others) and has just completed a near full restoration on a 924S for a customer which again has been done to a very high standard, he certainly knows his way about these cars, well worth a visit if needed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:03 pm 

stevie944 wrote:
72dc wrote:

Thanks

72 DC

Hi,
I know this is an old post and you probably have had the work done 72 DC but for future ref, I can't recommend highly enough Peter at Prestige car bodies in Cockenzie East Lothian.
Had some work done recently and the job was perfect. He repairs mostly old and new high end cars but old Porsche is his thing,
He presently owns an absolute mint 944 Turbo (as well as others) and has just completed a near full restoration on a 924S for a customer which again has been done to a very high standard, he certainly knows his way about these cars, well worth a visit if needed.

I have been all over the place and been quoted £3k to £12k (I’m not joking) to fix bottom of front wings, bottom of rear wheel arches at rear valence. I’m still looking. I can’t get firm recommendations for this work so think I’ll hire a trailer and drive it to Augment automotive

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 12:25 pm 

Not sure if you've bit the bullet or not yet, but I currently have my car into a place in Vale of Leven for similar type work and all indications so far are good in terms of repairs and fabrication. Once my car is finished I can share the results with you? Hopefully get it back in a week or so.

Stuart

Promax L2 chips, SciVision MAF, Lindsey DPW, MBC, Forge recirc valve, 3 bar FPR, K&N panel, GAZ Gold, wideband AFR, Sytec Motorsport Fuel Pump.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:31 pm 

Well I've got my car back now after some much needed work and I can speak very highly of the chap in Vale of Leven who done the work.

Front wing bottoms tidied up, leading edges of front wings have had new metal put in (bubbling). New sills, rear quarter repair panels, inner sills tidied, back of rear quarters (under battery and other side) repaired with new metal. Inner rear arch, OS, new inner arch panel and plenty of tidy fabrication work and outer quarter put right an old bad repair (that led to the inner work being needed). Rear panel where PORSCHE is had light rust removed and repaired.

All stone chipped, painted, polished, paint corrected elsewhere, detailed, undersealed and waxoyled and car is now pretty much rust and rot free and looking fab!

Let me know if anyone wants the guy's details.

Cheers

Stuart

Promax L2 chips, SciVision MAF, Lindsey DPW, MBC, Forge recirc valve, 3 bar FPR, K&N panel, GAZ Gold, wideband AFR, Sytec Motorsport Fuel Pump.