Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:26 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Grumble at the RAC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:01 pm 

Well my Volvo radiator lost all its contents on the M62 yesterday,right up at the highest point too! :roll: 30 minutes after I phoned the RAC a van arrived. :D The very pleasant and helpful lad sorted the leak with Barrs and followed me on to Hartshead Moor services(about 8 miles) where he spent another 15 minutes or so topping up and checking it over.He told us that obviously it was a temporary repair but he was confident it would get us home which it did. :D Obviously you speak as you find but I cant fault them.I also wouldnt let my wife go anywhere without emergency cover as its well worth the money to avoid any unnecessary discomfort,danger or hassle. :salute:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:20 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4004
944BLOKE wrote:
Well my Volvo radiator lost all its contents on the M62 yesterday,right up at the highest point too! :roll:

Volvo let you down -oh dear :( , had a similar occurrence last year on M66 Highest Point Towing the Van home after 1000miles in lakes (Hardnott etc!) with the T reg Disco, small coolant pipe split under the engine STEAM everywhere even out of the Dash heater vents. Fortunately there was a lay by within seconds and was able to Stop :cry: .
Took an hour to get the recovery vehicle to us. Disco on Tow Truck, caravan in Tow & 3 of us in the 2 Row cab. Took Caravan to Storage, then us Home. Next day secondary recovery of Disco to Local Garage. Wouldn't be without Green Flag (Caravan Club May Day) Service - been with them for years £117 but well worth it covers all 3 cars (when I had 3) + any car wife or myself are in + Driver to take us home if I get ill! (Wife doesn't drive)
thats what I call value. (Saved a few quid in diesel also)
Heres hoping I don't need them Wed as I'm fetching the 944 home from JM Garage & Taking it to Stratford Thursday for Deal or No Deal Sale :cry: :cry: :cry: .

Volvo XC70 D5 (Hauler)
HymerCar Sydney
Nissan Micra (Runabout)
Previous 944's not forgotten
S2 Cab, 2.7 (Alpine White)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:29 pm 

951Torqing wrote:
944BLOKE wrote:
Well my Volvo radiator lost all its contents on the M62 yesterday,right up at the highest point too! :roll:

Volvo let you down -oh dear :( , had a similar occurrence last year on M66 Highest Point Towing the Van home after 1000miles in lakes (Hardnott etc!) with the T reg Disco, small coolant pipe split under the engine STEAM everywhere even out of the Dash heater vents. Fortunately there was a lay by within seconds and was able to Stop :cry: .
Took an hour to get the recovery vehicle to us. Disco on Tow Truck, caravan in Tow & 3 of us in the 2 Row cab. Took Caravan to Storage, then us Home. Next day secondary recovery of Disco to Local Garage. Wouldn't be without Green Flag (Caravan Club May Day) Service - been with them for years £117 but well worth it covers all 3 cars (when I had 3) + any car wife or myself are in + Driver to take us home if I get ill! (Wife doesn't drive)
thats what I call value. (Saved a few quid in diesel also)
Heres hoping I don't need them Wed as I'm fetching the 944 home from JM Garage & Taking it to Stratford Thursday for Deal or No Deal Sale :cry: :cry: :cry: .

Good luck with that .Im sure it will work out for you. :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:34 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6465
Skype ID: cliffindenmead
I've been a member of the RAC for nearly 30 years and have found the roadside repair patrols and recovery great until recently. I was involved in a motorbike accident I rode it to my friends workplace and after a while couldn't ride it as I'd been quite badly injured. I phoned RAC to collect bike and take to repairers, RAC told me they couldn't do that unless I got the hospital to send a fax that I was unfit to ride the bike.

I also complained to RAC Customer services (now that is a real oxy-moron), I think she was Polish and didn't speak English, there were several more calls to the customer service, I give up. I shall be looking for a new breakdown come renewal methinks!

Porsche 944 Lux 1987 Guards Red - The fastest colour
Currently under rolling restoration
BMW 116D daily driver
Yamaha Fazer 800 in blue