Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Seems like more tales of woe....'The Warranty'.....
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:45 am 

TIPEC membership: 8740
Ok, so after some insight here if I may please, thoughts / comments either way.....

After the grief I endured straight after my initial purchase, bills, cloning etc (all rectified thankfully and mines not the clone)!!!....Just had the car serviced (10 year minor) at Porsche Sidcup. It was my intention to keep up the official stamps and any major works carried out by reputable indies helping keep costs down. I did however wish to get the 111 check done and apply a 2 year warranty. I was aware that I'd have to replace the newly installed battery to a Porsche one, but I'm now being told the replacement coffin boxes and a few other bits installed by Project Nine are non Porsche parts and so the car cannot be warrantied unless the parts are changed at a cost of £1600. Contacted P9 and they have confirmed they don’t always use Porsche parts, but I should raise the issue of 'Block Exemption' as the parts are good enough and fit for purpose. I have replied to Sidcup with said comment, no response as of yet and was wondering if it's worth me raising the issue with Porsche GB, or dare I say it, am I just 'peeing in the wind'? anyone had an issue like this?

Cheers, Mark.

09 plate Boxster S 987 gen 2, previous? many 911's and a Cayenne.....