Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:55 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Club and Forum
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:29 pm 

TIPEC membership: 9393
Hi,
Is the club and Forum still active as there doesn't seem to be any or few active updates on the club site or Forum.
Was considering joining the club when I get my Historic status application back from DLVA but no point if it is South orientated and currently dormant. (one reason I didn't join the national club years ago was crap regional support and new car bias)
Also the forum seems virtually dead and a question asked to a moderator remains unanswered.
I thought there may have been more activity on the forum site during this period of virtual house arrest.
Duncan

NE region.

1979 Porsche 928 owner for 35 yrs

BMW X5

1953 little grey Fergy!!

Post subject: Re: Club and Forum
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:24 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4190
The club is thriving despite lockdown & far from dormant. It has quietened down here because a lot of the group chat is on FB, either national or regional.
As for new cars exactly the opposite, most of the older car chat is here especially 944s etc.
There are distinct advantages of joining, two of which are discounts available especially important with older cars & also the club mag. which will list all the regions. It is only £60 for 2 years so hardly a massive outlay. In the old days when I was RO of Kent I always said if you don't save £60 over the two years, either by knowledge or discount on parts from OPCs or Indies I will personally refund your 60 quid.

Where in the Norf are you & I'll point you in the right direction, if no one else does.

http://tipec.net/region_southeastlondon.php

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2005 Porsche Cayenne S Now sold!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Now sold!
2010 Mazda MX5 Mk3.5 2.0 Sport Tech
2000 Porsche Boxster S SOLD!
1987 Porsche 944 2.5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:37 pm 

TIPEC membership: 9393
Oh dear didn't see that coming!
Not a technology dinosaur but do not do social media as I have a life and value my privacy.
It is a pity that everything which took a little participation and effort has suffered and resulted in the exclusion of people not FB inclined.
It would be good for some of the committee to remind people to visit the Forum first or include it in their contributions to keep everyone in the loop.

The cost of joining was never the issue as we used to have a regional club of our own a few years back, the NEPDC ( North East Porsche Drivers Club) which had quite a large membership but suffered the inevitable demise as many clubs do of too many people not prepared to contribute much or anything.
This was because it relied on the enthusiasm and drive of the Secretary and Chairman for events and all the other social activities and when they didn't have the time/ energy anymore nobody was willing to take it up the slack and events dried up.

I live in the Newcastle area and have really only just starting using my 928 again after sparse use the last 10 years, due to only using it in good weather / work commitments and was working out expensive for Tax / Insurance etc.

Thanks for your reply and promotion of the club anyway and will probably join if it is locally healthy.
See whether I encounter the the issues some members have encountered from DLVA regarding their change of Tax class and the weather improves and current paranoia abates !!!

NE region.

1979 Porsche 928 owner for 35 yrs

BMW X5

1953 little grey Fergy!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:33 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4190
Not sure if you've found it but the regions site is here- http://www.tipec.net/regions/north-east/
Not sure how active it is ping a mail to the guys is probably the best bet.
The FB thing is a two edge sword. When I was on committee some were for & others agin. I work in IT & ca see both points of view. Problem is that a lot of people use it & a lot of people don't use the web in the same way as they used to.
In fact a lot of the groups (not Porsche) I follow have gone to MEWE because of the politicing of FB & censorship. The same with Whatsapp where a lot have migrated to Signal for the same reasons.
Please join up, we have a range of members from very active to just here for the beer & insurance. There is quite a big tranche of 928 members in the club as well.

http://tipec.net/region_southeastlondon.php

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2005 Porsche Cayenne S Now sold!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Now sold!
2010 Mazda MX5 Mk3.5 2.0 Sport Tech
2000 Porsche Boxster S SOLD!
1987 Porsche 944 2.5