Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:27 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Insurance
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:21 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hi
Just renewing my insurance, and I’m a bit concerned about the clause regarding the car being garaged at night. It is garaged overnight, but obviously it gets left on the drive during the day sometimes...I’m seeing things from my proposed insurance company stating that the car isnt covered if not locked up at the insured address etc....my interpretation is if it gets nicked off the drive, then it isnt covered...or if I park around the corner....
Very unhappy about this..insurer talks to me as if Im a complete dickhead obviously ( of course its covered sir...etc...)...just wondered if others have been caught out/concerned about this..

Post subject: Re: Insurance
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:22 am 

TIPEC membership: 993
That is a standard term, but call your insurers if you are concerned, people on forums etc. would be very wary about giving you advice on matters such as that,mine is worded the same and my reading of it suggests the car is put in the garage at night when you are home, if you are away you can't anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:25 am 

Your car is generally more protected in a garage, which means there's usually a lower risk of damage. This reduced risk typically translates to fewer claims, and fewer claims mean a lower auto insurance premium.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:05 pm 

Finally got something in black and white from the insurers..like getting blood out of a stone :roll: ..its not covered on the drive after 10 pm...I can live with that..I've seen this clause in other policies where there is an additional 'within a mile/ 5 miles of the address', and others where its not covered at any time..

PCG – Garaging
This insurance excludes Section 2 - Loss of or Damage to Your Vehicle unless your vehicle is kept in a securely locked garage
(as defined in the Policy Document) between the hours of 10:00 PM and 6:00 AM. This restriction does not apply when you are
in the course of a journey or are staying overnight in attendance with the vehicle away from your home address and/or declared
garaging address.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:02 am 

TIPEC membership: 7133
Yes - thats same as mine,

Theft cover is excluded in the event of the insured vehicle not being kept in a locked garage between the hours of 10pm and 6am whilst parked at your home address as last notified to us.

I guess they are the official "night shift" hours for the car scallies.