Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:23 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: My New Book relates to tuning, engines and motogp racing
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:18 pm 

TIPEC membership: 91
It must be difficult for owners to know what advice to trust when respected experts disagree on some of the serious issues affecting their cars.

Although my new book entitled “The Pursuit of Dreams” is ideal for all motorcycle enthusiasts – it also shows my interest in my first Porsche's (from my early '20's) and describes what I designed and made over 40 years ago (including Nikasil Alloy cylinders) which connects to the solutions Hartech makes for Porsches today – perhaps throwing some light on why we have been so successful?

It follows my struggles and achievements as a young engineer trying to help rebuild British pride in Motorcycle Engineering in the 1960’s to early ‘80’s by learning how to design and make complete and highly competitive technically advanced British racing motorcycles.

It covers early technical discoveries, amazing racing results (including wins at the TT, North West 200, British Championships and Grand Prix Podiums).

It reveals the true previously untold story behind the Silver Dream Racer (that I made), joining Armstrong (as director engine development) and making the World’s first Carbon Fibre race winning bikes with highly advanced - all British engines.

It explains why at the pinnacle of my craft, I left the motorcycle industry never to return, taking my secrets with me and reflects on why the same mistakes are still being repeated today – in 2020.

Unlike so many other books it authenticates the validity of all the contents (with extracts from over 250 photos, press cuttings, illustrations, pictures and graphs) extending to 133,000 words and 530 pages.

At the end it includes a detailed Technical section revealing previously withheld secret on what really makes engines and transmissions work, perform and win races - explaining how with limited resources years of British technical stagnation were overcome (and in the process pours scorn on many otherwise accepted theories that still survive today).

With the imminent end of fossil fuelled vehicles – this amazing technical legacy reveals issues essential for those still interesting in traditional tuning and engine development that may otherwise never have been made public.

It is all stitched together in a flowing sequence of determined human endeavour as it truly illustrates the Heartache that can be behind THE PURSUIT OF DREAMS.

More free information is available from https://payhip.com/BarryHart and the first 10 receive a 25% discount with the code TIPEC-250OFF.

Baz

Post subject: Re: My New Book relates to tuning, engines and motogp racing
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:27 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
Sounds like a nice book. Thanks for sharing.

Post subject: Re: My New Book relates to tuning, engines and motogp racing
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:56 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
This will be really helpful for people who are into cars. :bounce: