Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 1982 porsche 944 2.5 Guards Red. Spares or Repair
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:54 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hello Chaps.

I thought I would put this up in here before trying eBay or the likes.

The back story. I bought this car in around 2013/14 with the intention of recommissioning it for occasional road use. I spent a lot of time on it, had it running and driving well however the purchase of a house that needed a lot of work and attention resulted in me buying another 944 which needed less attention. As such the car for sale here today got locked away in the garage and that is where it has sat for a long time. I now need to rebuild the garage which isnt possible with this sat in it, so it is for sale.

The car is a guards red square dash 1982 porsche 944 with a sunroof and manual gearbox.

Mechanically - I had the car running when I put the car in the garage. However since it has sat for a few years the car now will not start. If you put some easy start into the intake the car will start up and run before dying out. It could be DME, ref sensor, fuel pump, I have no idea, I dont have the time to afford the car to find out unfortunately. Gearbox was fine, as was the clutch, drove fine before storage. The car used to hold temperature very well, fan cut in as it should and never posed any problems.

Bodywork - The body work of the car polishes up ok. The car supposedly had a respray shortly before i bought it and this does seem true. The standard of that respray may be questionable but it does mean there is a good thickness of paint to polish. The car supposedly had a new set of sills fitted, however it apears as though someone stuck a plate over the rust and slapped some filler and paint on top, as such the sills on one side are very poor. There is evidence of rust in both wings at the bottom and both sill rear sections. Drivers side seems noticeably worse for some reason. All glass is present and in tact and as far as i am aware there isnt anything missing. Ultimatley the bodywork of the car is pretty poor.

Interior - The car was parked outside for a period of time before i bought the car. As such the interior became significantly damaged. It had a cream interior and its just shot quite simply. All carpets are there, perhaps they could be dyed or something who knows, dash is cracked like all of them are and the interior is very much below standard.

Wheels and tyres are the later versions, I swapped the early offset wheels with a set that came with my oval dash. However they hold air and are of a legal tread depth.

In conclusion it needs a lot of love and i am not into the business of trying to upsell something and burden anyone with something that has been misrepresented. Ideally this would suit someone who has a lot of 944 experience, or someone who would like a load of mechanicals as spares, engine.

These photos are pretty old, new ones will be taken and provided shortly.

Image944

Image944

I have no idea what is fair, so i will start at £1,250.