Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 2004 986 Boxster For Sale
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:33 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7090
We are reluctantly putting our Boxster on the market as it spends most of its time in the garage. Young kids curtail how often we now use it. A lot of time and money has been spent on the car over the years to bring it to as high a standard as possible. This is not your standard 986 2.7 Boxster. Over the years I have aimed to keep the car as much OEM+ as possible. So any styling upgrades have been something that 'could' have been factory. As for performance I have changed the suspension to the full Porsche M030 setup (shocks, springs and arbs) in about 2015. So it has had only a few thousand miles use. Also replaced were two track control arms. So the suspension is as good as it could be. As for engine performance any upgrades have been chasing better throttle response and torque. To that end the car has a RSS Under drive pulley fitted, IPD Aluminium Plenum, 74mm throttle body and the associated silicone ducting. The air box is standard but is fitted with a K&N air filter. Also fitted is a OEM Style sports Dansk Exhaust (this is not the model that drones). This exhaust not only looks OEM but is fitted with the Porsche twin tailpipes, again keeping the car OEM looking.

I had always intended keeping the car so anything it has needed has been replaced. Last year all the brake pipes were replaced and the PAS (Power steering) pipe was also replaced. Both parts that cars of this age will probably start needing. The car has been looked after at SP Autobahn in Stirling since I bought it. He also looks after my 944.

In 2017 the car had a front end and rear offside rear quarter respray at Foz. Dealing with stone chips and a paint defect on the rear quarter. The bodywork is in excellent condition.

See here for the cars full spec... One thing I have forgotten to list is the gear selector has been changed for the 997 version. I found the short shift too short for the clutch, where as this is a good compromise and a load better built. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UWhRie0bgcyeh-PmkZEID9HEzB6MqFgn/view?usp=sharing

I understand I am looking for a higher than usual price for a stock version of this car, but I do believe that this car is worth more than most. The PCGB Insurance valuation of £10K does vindicate that thought, but I am open to sensible offers and inspections.

The numberplate is not include in the sale.

If interested please contact Andrew McDowell - mcdowella@mac.com • 0771 4106037

Post subject: Re: 2004 986 Boxster For Sale
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:39 pm 

Price reduced to £8850. Thanks, Andrew.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:44 pm 

Price reduced to £8,550

Here's a link to the updated spec sheet (additional photos of service book etc...)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19eOrwn ... sp=sharing 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:25 am 

Now on eBay... http://ebay.us/th24Yt?cmpnId=5338273189