Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:27 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Radiator Leak
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:31 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4635
Am worried now as I didn't notice seals on cooler lines! Can't see any on PET so please report what you discover.

As you say it's surprisingly straightforward job for such a huge part. A couple of weeks after doing it on 928 I had to change leaking rad on wife's Renault. Apart from being absurdly cheap and tiny, it was by comparison a pig of a job to fit, as the aircon condenser wobbles all over the place and makes fitting everything back in position a real faff. With 928 everything is solidly bolted in and so precise.

Hope you remembered to put the thermostatic switch in and reconnect low down on left.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:38 pm 

TIPEC membership: 5535
I've just checked my phone and I didn't get a photo of them unfortunately. I've just checked the parts catalog again and there is nothing there. They looked like a white rubber band that sat around the ball of the cooler line where they press into the socket of the radiator. I'm not explaining it very well. You could see it when you pulled the 32mm nut back on the line a bit. Possibly its not replaceable and is fixed to the end of the line.I made no attempt to remove them as I didn't have replacements.

Anyway everything is back together and the car is in getting its mot today and an oil change. Waiting nervously!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:09 pm 

Bollocks. Failed MOT on rear brakes and a rear suspension leak. Only spoke with the receptionist but the mot guy is going to call me. I reckon it is new discs/pads and shocks for the back. Supposed to be going two weeks camping on Monday. May delay for a day or two while I get it fixed. Want the 928 for my road trip.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:29 pm 

Arrg stupid MOT garage. The MOT guy is busy so won't talk to me on the phone. The best description that I can get about the suspension failure from the receptionist is "the pipe to the suspension is leaking". WTF does that mean? I wanted to get the parts ordered today but can't now because I don't know what she is talking about. :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:00 pm 

mikec wrote:
Arrg stupid MOT garage. The MOT guy is busy so won't talk to me on the phone. The best description that I can get about the suspension failure from the receptionist is "the pipe to the suspension is leaking". WTF does that mean? I wanted to get the parts ordered today but can't now because I don't know what she is talking about. :evil:

Hi Mike :)

There are NO pipes to the rear suspension...I would go talk to the tester.... and not use that MOT station again.... :(

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:14 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
..., + 1, they obviously don,t know their ar5e from their elbow !