Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:21 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Parcelfarce yet again.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:27 am 

TIPEC membership: 6602
I recieved an email from Mike at 944renaimation in USA to say that my package had been returned. This was due to unpaid import duty.
If buying parts from USA and the seller uses USPS they end up with Parcelforce here. Customs examine the package and levy a duty. Parcelforce are then supposed to send a letter to you advising of the charge with a refence number to be paid online or by phone (not recommended).
On 2 occasions recently I have not recieved a letter, you cannot pay by using the tracking number. I intercepted one by going to the depot 12 miles away to enquire there. This time I missed it and it was sent back. I usually end up going to the depot anyway as local deliverries are unreliable.
Some USA dealers will only use USPS but if you can, ask for another carrier:- Fedex,DHL, UPS.
It's about time Parcelforce got it's act together and provided a much better service or indeed any service at all.

Post subject: Re: Parcelfarce yet again.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:52 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Time to moan at the ombudsman I think

2013 Volvo XC60 D5 brilliant car

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:51 am 

TIPEC membership: 993
Yes, I had a 993 oil tank sent by USPS/UPS go back for the same reason a couple of years ago, got it sorted but just wastes such a lot of time :(

There was an error in my post, should have read Parcelforce, not UPS :roll:

Last edited by sam on Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:08 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6379
Endoman wrote:
I recieved an email from Mike at 944renaimation in USA to say that my package had been returned. This was due to unpaid import duty.
If buying parts from USA and the seller uses USPS they end up with Parcelforce here. Customs examine the package and levy a duty. Parcelforce are then supposed to send a letter to you advising of the charge with a refence number to be paid online or by phone (not recommended).
On 2 occasions recently I have not recieved a letter, you cannot pay by using the tracking number. I intercepted one by going to the depot 12 miles away to enquire there. This time I missed it and it was sent back. I usually end up going to the depot anyway as local deliverries are unreliable.
Some USA dealers will only use USPS but if you can, ask for another carrier:- Fedex,DHL, UPS.
It's about time Parcelforce got it's act together and provided a much better service or indeed any service at all.

International shipping has been a complete mess during Jan and Feb due to Brexit. Couriers and suppliers are trying to unravel the new Brexit rules, charges and paperwork protocol. Add that to ParcelFarce's pre Brexit issues and you get the above. Its likely the US supplier did not complete the required Country of Origin data (for the goods manufacture, not from where it was shipped from) therefore customs could charges could not be calculated and a bill for you to pay could not be offered......so back to sender it goes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:13 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4635
I don't think USA exporters need report country of origin info for shipments to UK, but happy to be corrected.

Looks like it's just Parcelforce being dozy, which I've experienced a number of times with parts coming from US (though never had a shipment sent back, just long delays and having to go to depot to expedite things).

The worry is that now parts coming from EU countries will go through same laborious process.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:57 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6602
This is the sticker on the parcel as recieved back in the States. Notice the date!

Attachments:
Cusoms sticker.jpg
Cusoms sticker.jpg [ 242.42 KiB | Viewed 3512 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:13 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4635
Gosh it's so old we were still in the EU!