Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:33 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New member intro
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:02 pm 

TIPEC membership: 10875
I met you guys at the Capel fete and classic car event back in August this year when I inadvertently plonked my car in the dedicated section for TIPEC members vehicles. The car was displaying a PCGB sticker, although it was very small, but this didn't seem to matter to your club official and was welcomed with the comment that if you drive one of the marque you must be one of the team. I was impressed by this very friendly attitude but I regret that it has taken me a few months to get my act together and actually become a fully paid up member. So hello and at this time may I wish Seasons Greetings to you all.
Porsches, yes, I, we with my good lady, have had a few, and no guesses for what we started off with, of course the 924, a tidy chocolate brown example swiftly followed by a 944. Next up was a 914 which I flew back from Los Angeles but by then I had the strong desire to get a 911. I found a very clean silver SC cabriolet followed in short order with a '84 Cabriolet then a very tasty black '89 3.2 coupe whose first owner was a director of Liberty's store in London so it was fully optioned. I really should have hung onto this '89 one but I had building work to undertake on my house so I needed a work horse and bought an American Ford F150 pickup, V8 power with a big pickup bed. Funnily enough everybody wanted to buy this truck so I took the highest bidder but not before I had brought home a rusty, damaged heap of a Porsche 356 accompanied with a few boxes of sundry parts. Any body awake still? OK. Jump forward six years and I had restored the 356. In a nutshell the only parts that didn't need replacement or work was the doors which the previous owner had paid to be repaired and the engine lid. Everything was bad, I used up a whole bottle of acetylene on this car, lots of welding. Whilst doing the 356 I bought a 997 4S but I felt this car to be too sanitised for me so it got chopped in for my current 911 which is a '86 SSE. Unfortunately the car took a fair whack in the side following a spin at a Goodwood trackday a few weeks back and the repair is pending. The final Porsche we have is my wife's truck which is a Macan which is the turbo model with the performance engine package, 440bhp - just enough. (Sorry, no pics, seems mine are all too big)

Post subject: Re: New member intro
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:13 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4190
Hi & welcome. :wave:

A longish history of Porsche! They do get under your skin.

Reduce your picture size, I find I use 640 x 480 a lot both on my website & here. Irfanview is a free download picture editor which works well.
Pictures of some of the fleet would be good to see.

http://tipec.net/region_southeastlondon.php

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2005 Porsche Cayenne S Now sold!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Now sold!
2010 Mazda MX5 Mk3.5 2.0 Sport Tech
2000 Porsche Boxster S SOLD!
1987 Porsche 944 2.5

Post subject: Re: New member intro
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:20 pm 

TIPEC membership: 10875
Hello Jim
My wife had a moan because she said I forgot to mention the three Cayenne's she had before she got her current Macan, three big boys, two second and one third generation, all very fine motor cars. And hopefully some pics . . . .small but hey ho, you all know what Porsches look like anyway.

Attachments:
IMG_0170.JPG
IMG_0170.JPG [ 70.22 KiB | Viewed 676 times ]
IMG_1155.JPG
IMG_1155.JPG [ 60.75 KiB | Viewed 676 times ]
DSCN2954 (2).JPG
DSCN2954 (2).JPG [ 56.51 KiB | Viewed 676 times ]