It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2014 National and International Events we are attending
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
There appears to be some confusion and sniping about what we are doing with regards to our events.

In All Torque I wrote about the lack of support, in certain quarters for our own event. That said our National Event has always been successful, because the Porsche Community in general, enjoy our shows and we get a great turn out.

Next year to ensure that there are "Porshce Only" shows, we have teamed up with Beaulieu. Home of the National Motor Museum to put together a Club style show using their "Simply" format. For the first time in the Clubs history we will be organising a show in the South. The New Forest and South Coast are great for a weekend away and i know that several regions are planning to make this their Weekend Of The Year. We will also plan other activities around the weekend to make the best of the area and the social occasion (more on this as plans unfold)

This does not replace our National Event and there will be a show in the Midlands in September (TBC) for us to enjoy.

We have also asked the guys in the North to tell us about any venues or events that we could piggyback to have a strong Porsche presence at.

I hope this clears things up and explains what we are trying to achieve. There are a ridiculous amount of car shows and it will always be easier and cheaper to attend the ones nearest to you. That said, there is nothing like a field or car park full of Pork and it would be a shame if the one Marque shows were no longer on the calendar.

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:38 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6853
Whatever the politics, there will always be people with differing opinions with differing ideas from what they want. We all have one thing in common and that is to enjoy our cars and to varying degrees show them off whether it be in car park full of the same marque, polished to a inch of its life or roaring around a track of some sorts.
I am still a relative new comer to the fold, but can see a wide variety of events on both a national and local level that surely would suit all wishes and demands on offer from TIPEC. However, from what I have seen as to the open approach of the club if there is a requirement for certain types of events then they should be aired, agreed and organised. Best kept secrets are often the best ideas......

As one of those that likes to show off what I've got!!! Iam in full agreement with the single marque route. Am busy looking at next years diary to see what events we can attend locally and nationally and support the club.

Roll on 2014 :bounce: :brilsmurf: :bounce:

Joint RO SELNK

Jade Green 1999 996 'The Peppermint Peril'!!! (Ours)
2015 Renault Captur (Kim's)
2014 Merc C 220D AMG Estate (My Work Horse)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:37 pm 

TIPEC membership: 996
They all look like great events to me.

Saw the comment in your opening column Sean but not personally heard the sniping or other nonsense, life's too short for that in our enjoyment time, surely? Can't believe this crap goes on personally either you go to an event or don't?

I for one have had a great year with TIPEC and am looking forward to the next! I don't get along to everything I'd like to but there's something there for everyone.

2013 Panamera Platinum Diesel, White
Sold April 2013 2009 997 C2S Gen2, Arctic Silver
Sold Aug 2010 2002 996 Carrera, Polar Silver
Sold May 2004 2003 Boxster S, Seal Grey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
When I first got involved with the running of the Club, the agenda's and bollotics were ridiculous. :roll:

I insist that any issues are aired openly which hopefully nips some of the nonsense in the bud :)

Communication is always the biggest challenge for any organisation. Maybe my comments in All Torque and my forum posts have caused some confusion. Either way I hope that I have now cleared things up. :thumbup:

Our biggest strength is our greatest weakness, we are generally very strong regionally. With active regions having a high percentage of members attending Club Nights and events. This then gives us a problem when we try to do things Nationally because the local calendar is so full. We also have a group of members who want to do things Nationally and this balance is difficult to maintain. Both in terms of interest and level of budget.

Rest assured that we will always try new things and keep those that you all enjoy. :bounce:

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:28 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6364
Interesting stuff. Regionally the NW group are mostly about driving (& eating) - check out our percentage attendance at Blyton, a venue not exactly on our doorstep. We only push our regular attendees to make an effort for 1 local show a year.

Nationally I think the club will have more likelihood of success with a one marque show because that would suit most people. We do need to be wary of trying to please too many people at once and risking club funds.