Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Shugborough
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:46 am 

TIPEC membership: 4635
Just to say how much I, Jo and the boys enjoyed this show.

Was first time for me so great to see so many cars from other marques which were less familiar from our regular shows. There was a tremendous number and range of vehicles there.

Weather stayed fine all day which helps a lot.

I didn't realise this was Patrick Lichfield's gaff, so as a photography fan it was brilliant to see his old apartment in the house which had been set up to show a lot of his old cameras and studio gear, and to see many photos the swinging sixties people he famously photographed. I spent too much time gassing about Porsches, but Jo and boys reported that the grounds, servants quarters and working farm were fun. In fact they ran out of time to see everything.

We only had 6 or 7 cars on TIPEC area, but a great range with 993, 930 and 944 Turbos, 924 and a couple of 928s. Central member Jason was showing his superb 924 in individual parking area so good to catch up with him.

Right opposite TIPEC area Frank was exhibiting Lindsay's old 944S, which looked as good as the day he sold it and is clearly being cherished - new owner has even picked up a concours trophy with it.

Thanks to all involved in organising TIPEC stand. Sorry Paul didn't have a WBA victory to make up for missing the show!