Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:10 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: TIPEC Scotland 2016 events
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:05 am 

Hi All,

Enclosed is the diary of events for the Scottish TIPEC Region for 2016, there are a few things to confirm such as the Autumn weekend away and a visit to the Border Reivers showroom. However everything else is there for you to participate in throughout the season.

There are a few events that will require your urgent attention due to the nature of these events listed below being booked up fast and from past experience failure to act early on in the season can lead to disappointment during the season. So to make things simple I have listed those events below that require prompt attention and it is such the nature in this day and age where some events now carry a small admin fee to enter shows/events and I would like to make it clear that it is not the club that makes these charges but the event itself.

It is often debated amongst ourselves from time to time that exhibitors should be free to all events whereby we prepare and show are cars all over the land but often have to pay for the pleasure. I agree with all you that it should be free to exhibitors however due to postage costs and other admin costs such as passes etc. that is not always the case. However these costs on a more positive note are minimal as you will see from the list below. I know it is not the cost that we debate about but the principal and as I have said I fully agree we should be there free of any charge.

Also I would like to take this opportunity to say that the region now has a facebook page titled Tipec Scotland as well as The Independent Porsche Enthusiasts Club, both facebook pages are strictly for members only. Please look them up for those of you on the social media scene and ask to be invited to the group enclosing your membership number so we can validate current membership status.

The region now has two (2) new ARO's in the shape of John Davidson ARO West Of Scotland and Scott Allan ARO East Of Scotland. John and Scott come fully loaded with bags of enthusiasm and will be a great asset to the region and developing all its interests and ideas to take the region forward. This also gives me the opportunity to say a huge thank you to Elaine Whitelaw and James McLauchlan there predecessors for there very valid contribution over the years and it was excellent to see Elaine as the first and only female ARO to date for the region . Elaine and James will still be a big part in the regions events and can now take a more relaxed role and enjoy what the region has to offer to them as members.

So the list is enclosed and I will from time to time put our reminders of up and coming events that are fast approaching cut of dates etc. as I have always done in the past. However below are the events etc. that require your prompt attention and thought to weather you wish to attend them.

The Following events require your prompt attention

May 15th Bridge Of Allan Classic Car Rally FREE TO ENTER

( Members cut of date to inform myself is 15th April 2016 )

June 5th Historic Motor Extravaganza, Thirlsatine Castle FREE TO ENTER

( Members cut of date to inform myself is 10th April 2016 )

June 26th Moffat Classic Car Rally ( 20 cars only and the show does not have a cut of date but only excepts the first 900 entries and always fills up quick!!

FREE TO ENTER

July 10th Scottish Transport Extravaganza , Glamis Castle, A fantastic event not to be missed!!!!!!

( Members cut of date to inform myself is 1st April 2016 , £4 per car charge)

November 11th,12th and 13th We are in the process of looking into hiring a minibus to travel to Silverstone to firstly do the Porsche Experience on the Friday 11th then travel onto Birmingham and visit the NEC Classic car show on the Saturday 12th and 13th travelling home after the show finishes up on the Sunday afternoon/evening.

This trip will depend on what interest we receive so if you do want to join us for this one contact us ASAP so we can determine numbers wishing to go etc..

December 10th Christmas Dinner bash, Dirleton , East Lothian. Open Arms Hotel.

Price per couple is £147.00 Dinner, Bed and Breakfast. The Hotel has reserved Tipec Scotland all 11 rooms catering for 22 persons. For those of you who only want the dinner part please contact the Hotel direct. To reserve your room and evening at the Open Arms Hotel call them direct on 01620 850241 and pay a £50 deposit over the phone and the rest is payable upon departure. If all the rooms get taken then I can source rooms elsewhere in the area. This was a fantastic night last year having a room all to ourselves and creating our own entertainment and ambiance.

As soon as you book your room or dinner only, please email me so I can update the list accordingly.

PLEASE NOTE:

Anyone wishing to go to any of the above or anything at all on the diary of events please email me ASAP with you car details i.e. reg no, year and model. Car details are a must when applying for events for public liability insurance reasons for the event.

April
7th/10th Techno Classico Essen
Show, Essen, Germany ASAP

May
1st Edinburgh Gumball 3000 event. Public event open to everyone.
pls visit
www.Edinburghspotlight.com.
8th Jim Clark Rally Museum
Visit/ Sunday lunch Duns
Scottish Borders. ASAP.
May
1st Gumball 3000
Pls visit
http://www.Edinburghspotlight.com. Edinburgh Open event to the public.

May
15th Classic Car Rally Bridge Of Allan

June
1st
(Club night)
(Wed) Angelwax car detailing
Demo evening Bones Motor Museum ALL WELCOME
Open Event.
June
5th 44th Historic Motor Extravaganza Thirlstaine Castle (Lauder)

June
12th Tayside Classic Motor
Show Errol Airfield

June
26th Moffat Classic Car Rally Moffat Showground .

July 6th
(Wed) Restoration/ buffet / club Night East Lothian

July
3rd Knockhill German
Car Show & Trackday Knockhill Racing Circuit

July
10th Scottish Transport Extravaganza Glamis Castle

July
24th Annual BBQ and Concourse day out Boness Motor Museum
(Boness) All Members & Immediate family

Juky
29/30th and 31st Silverstone Classic Event Weekend Silvertone Not going as a region/ individual choice.

August
7th Kaimes Classic Car Show Muirkirk

August
28th Scotland s Largest Gathering
Of Porsches Event. Event Details
TBC All Porsche owners.

September
3/4th (Club Stand Sunday only 4th) Boness Hill Climb Racing Event Boness

September
9th,10th and 11th Autumn Weekend Location Details etc. TBC

October T.B.C Sunday Lunch Run/Border Reivers visit. T.B.C

November
11th,12th and 13th Porsche Experience & NEC Classic Car Show Event Silverstone and the Birmingham NEC.

November
24th
(Thurs) Ten Pin Bowling evening Deer Park Country Club.
(Livingston) All Welcome
December
10th
(Saturday) Christmas Dinner
And Quiz Night. Open Arms Hotel
Dirlton.

Kind Regards

Neil Fraser RO Scotland.