Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:42 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Autoglymm Intensive Tar Remover
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:27 pm 

My 944 badge was becoming detatched as the double sided tape which was holding it on must have reached its life expectancy,so I pulled it off then tried to get the rubber and glue off with my fingernails,that didnt work so tried to use a piece of soft plastic to remove it,which didnt work either so went to Halfords to see what they had.I was just about to buy some thinners when a Halfords bloke asked if I needed any help so I checked with him that I was buying the best stuff and he suggested the above product which I bought and took home.In less than a minute the job was done,amazing stuff!!It took me over an hour to go and get it though! I m well pleased now that I ve got the badge back on and a bit of wax on the surrounding area.Happy 944 bloke!!!! :D :D :D

Post subject: Re: Autoglymm Intensive Tar Remover
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:35 pm 

TIPEC membership: 1007
Skype ID: stepa1007
944BLOKE wrote:
My 944 badge was becoming detatched as the double sided tape which was holding it on must have reached its life expectancy,so I pulled it off then tried to get the rubber and glue off with my fingernails,that didnt work so tried to use a piece of soft plastic to remove it,which didnt work either so went to Halfords to see what they had.I was just about to buy some thinners when a Halfords bloke asked if I needed any help so I checked with him that I was buying the best stuff and he suggested the above product which I bought and took home.In less than a minute the job was done,amazing stuff!!It took me over an hour to go and get it though! I m well pleased now that I ve got the badge back on and a bit of wax on the surrounding area.Happy 944 bloke!!!! :D :D :D

That is a great idea to fix the badge with double sided tape.
Far better just loosing the badge than getting your paint work damaged by a misguided little Angel!

Good tip about the product too.

Stephen

Member since 1996
Club Chairman 1999 - early 2005
North East RO 1996 - 2002
North East ARO 2002 - 2005
TiPEC LIFE MEMBER

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:55 pm 

I m not sure how the badges were fixed on when they left the factory,but mine was stuck on with glue when I bought the car and after having the back end repainted a couple of years ago I stuck the badge back on with the double sided tape and obviously it has a limited lifespan. As regards the Autoglymm stuff,Im going to try it on some other things that seem difficult to remove(no! not the missus!) some tar spots on the sills etc!! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:33 pm 

TIPEC membership: 5406
I have just bought some of this stuff this afternoon as Wonder wheels wasn't up to the job of removing all the crud on the inside of some alloy wheels.

Have to say very impressed indeed! Some of it came off straight away (having been submitted to several coats of wonder wheels already) and the rest came off with a small bit of elbow grease.

Highly recommended!

Gone but not forgotten:
1986 944 Lux
1988 944 Lux

Location - Near Bath in South West