Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Alloy Refurbishment West Midlands
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:50 am 

TIPEC membership: 6857
For info. : I've just had 4 911 40th Anniversary alloy wheels refurbed by Lepsons Ltd in Wolverhampton.

They've done a great job - stripping the old lacquer, powder coat & corrosion, including a minor fill-in weld on a very bad gouge, re-powder coating, lacquering & re-fitting / balancing the tyres.

They weren't quick as they had to re-do a couple of the wheels because the finish I chose apparently isn't great for getting spot on first time every time (they did explain that to me initially). It took just over 2 weeks in the end with me delivering / picking-up the wheels with tyres & centre caps
My wheels have metal centre caps & the metal / enamel Porsche crests (which I'd removed). They told me they'd only wet spray the centre caps - whether metal or plastic.

They weren't cheap & for info, many of the more impressive finishes (including the 1 I chose, similar to Shadow Chrome) are approx double the cost of the basic silver or black finishes.

BEWARE : Lepsons are mentioned in All Torque as giving 10% discount, BUT the Wolverhampton branch DOES NOT.
They stated they don't provide discounts / have NO discount agreement with tipec.
They suggested Lepsons other branch in Gillingham MIGHT, but operated independently.
If using either branch, ask for an estimate before committing AND IF they'll provide a tipec member discount.

2004 996 C2 40th Anniversary

Post subject: Re: Alloy Refurbishment West Midlands
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:06 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4190
Paul, I arranged the discount years ago with Lepsons Gillingham. I believe John Lepp who started the Co. may have sold out, so they are owned by others.
It needs someone to discuss with the "new" Lepsons what they want to do.

http://tipec.net/region_southeastlondon.php

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2005 Porsche Cayenne S Now sold!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Now sold!
2010 Mazda MX5 Mk3.5 2.0 Sport Tech
2000 Porsche Boxster S SOLD!
1987 Porsche 944 2.5

Post subject: Re: Alloy Refurbishment West Midlands
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:37 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6857
Jim,
I think you're correct, Lepsons was bought out or more probably bought "into" as 1 of the Lepp family still appears as a Director on the Companies House records.

It's a bit strange, the person I was dealing with at the Wolverhampton branch was trying to tell me the 2 branches were owned by different companies - but that doesn't make sense from the common website that both use or the paperwork for my refurb.

The guy I was dealing with suggested the Ford ST Owners Club & the local Porsche OPC were the only people who got discounts at Wolverhampton - inferring it might be possible for others. He wasn't at all keen to discuss it further - maybe he was on commission - lol.

2004 996 C2 40th Anniversary