Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:05 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Extended Warranty
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:59 pm 

I note that Porsche only offer a 2 year warranty on new cars.

I understand that they also offer an extended warranty at additional cost, but that it is hedged about with fairly unreasonable restrictions compared with, say, a warranty bought from TESCO which would also be less expensive. Does anyone know if this is true, please?

Post subject: Re: Extended Warranty
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:23 pm 

if you buy porsche extended warranty from what i hear you cannot modify your motor at all or have it serviced anywhere other than the porsche network which makes it expensive...

tesco extended do offer alternative which is there finest but not with service restrictions like porsche , but not sure on the claims side

All aspects of Porsche servicing and repairs carried out, discounts for tipec members

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:23 pm 

dawthan wrote:
if you buy porsche extended warranty from what i hear you cannot modify your motor at all or have it serviced anywhere other than the porsche network which makes it expensive...

That's what I've heard - even a different battery, or even more stupid, just painting your wheels (even using Porsche paint at goodness knows what cost, unless it is done by an official Porsche dealer) is an excuse for them not to honour their warranty.

Porsche cars, parts and labour are expensive enough as it is. Why, on top of that, do they feel they need to rip their customers off in this way? Things like this, plus their shoddy 2-year warranty, is yet another reason why people tend to laugh at Porsche owners. I sometimes think they are not wrong to laugh.

So: has anyone got any experience of the TESCO warranty, please, on a Porsche or any other car?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:38 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
Tesco warranty is OK and they will cover almost as much as the Porsche one on their premium waranty. You still need to provide evidence of servicing if you make a claim, but independent servicing is fine.