Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Renewal problem
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:01 am 

Had the usual letter from my insurers to remind me that the cover on the 928 runs out on 23rd December. Letter suggested the best option was to ring with mileage details etc and renew over the phone so I picked up the phone Friday 21st at 11am to give them a ring.

To my utter disbelief there was a recorded message saying the offices were now closed for Xmas and would re-open on 27th December. Emailed them to confirm paperwork in the post but a bit miffed that I will actually be out of cover for a few days. Can't believe they didn't mention in their letter that they would be closed from 20th December

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:09 am 

What poor service

They don't deserve your business

I use M.F.L. in Nuneaton. Have done so for many years (phone 02476340855). They are insurance brokers. Always give me a minumum of two weeks written notice of a renewal together with a quote and will accept renewals over the telephone.

The 993 is insured in my wife's name as she is the registered keeper. The reasons are complex. However,she has never driven a Porsche in her life and pays £429 per annum including uninsured loss cover. Before anyone asks, she is not insured with some Micky Mouse outfit. The insurance company concerned is national and very reputable

So there's a poosibility for you after Xmas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
What morons, I would suggest insuring on line with a company to make sure you are covered.

You have 14 days to cancel which will give you enough time after the holidays to sort it out properly.

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:34 pm 

Its tempting to move at the minute because of the cock up but the 928 is laid up anyway about to get the benefit of a new MAF and the premium works for me:
Classic cover (5,000 miles pa) with breakdown, legals and guaranteed value for less than £250
I emailed to confirm the cover is to be renewed and the documents/payment is in the post so if there was a problem between the 23rd and 27th when there're open again I would argue that the car was covered throughout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:04 pm 

TIPEC membership: 993
Shabby treatment !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:29 pm 

PaulPSB wrote:
Its tempting to move at the minute because of the cock up but the 928 is laid up anyway about to get the benefit of a new MAF and the premium works for me:
Classic cover (5,000 miles pa) with breakdown, legals and guaranteed value for less than £250
I emailed to confirm the cover is to be renewed and the documents/payment is in the post so if there was a problem between the 23rd and 27th when there're open again I would argue that the car was covered throughout.

Hi :)

You can argue all you wish...but you will NOT be in the ANPR database, which means you are NOT insured for that period, so avoid ALL motorways (ANPR Cameras on bridges) and all police cars....:(

I would insure with someone else and tell them where to stick their missing policy....

All the best Brett :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:14 pm 

TIPEC membership: 666
It's a very common practice. Send out the renewal very close to the expiry date and hope the customer has forgotten it's about to run out. Gives you little time to shop around and almost guarantees a Renewal.

I'm sure most of us always shop around as we are 'car people' and pay more attention to our cars than most. When I worked in insurance it was known that a very high percentage of 'ordinary' cars just renew automatically with their current insurer. As long as you don't put the premium up by too much, 'Renewal Inertia' almost guarantees it's in the bag :roll:

Post subject: Re: Renewal problem
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:57 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Old post but that does sound very unprofessional!