Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: OE parts online?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:22 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
Where is the best place you guys find original parts online in the UK?

Looking at buying AC strut 94412602103 but after searching Ebay at £32, it looks like quite close to brand new pricing!?

Post subject: Re: OE parts online?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:48 pm 

Get a price from your local dealer first. Most online sellers charge more.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:06 pm 

white944 wrote:
Get a price from your local dealer first. Most online sellers charge more.

I don't get anything from here in Malta, for some reason, they always have strange prices :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:55 pm 

whats wrong with your alternator adjuster?

the current one 94412602103 is 61.73 from porsche, but there will be a replacement part 94412602104 in september 2019 that's £20 cheaper

if its broken i would just get it welded

2013 Volvo XC60 D5 brilliant car

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:19 am 

Waylander wrote:
whats wrong with your alternator adjuster?

I don't have one as compiling the parts to retrofit the OE AC.

Will have to go ahead with the one I found on Ebay.

Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:03 am 

you live on an island that has lots of ships chandlers, go and buy a stainless turnbuckle and a couple of rose joints, bet it will be less than the Porsche price

2013 Volvo XC60 D5 brilliant car

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:11 am 

Waylander wrote:
you live on an island that has lots of ships chandlers, go and buy a stainless turnbuckle and a couple of rose joints, bet it will be less than the Porsche price

:) Yes, but that will take quite a bit of time running around & fixing it up, so might be worth the original part on Ebay at £32. Can wait a little longer & see what comes along..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:33 am 

When you do finally get it all together, ensure the 2 bolts holding the AC pump are loosened before you tension the belt, and then retighten them once happy with the belt tension. I think it's a 17mm and a 13mm on either side of the AC pump.

Stuart

Promax L2 chips, SciVision MAF, Lindsey DPW, MBC, Forge recirc valve, 3 bar FPR, K&N panel, GAZ Gold, wideband AFR, Sytec Motorsport Fuel Pump.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:39 am 

scam75 wrote:
When you do finally get it all together, ensure the 2 bolts holding the AC pump are loosened before you tension the belt, and then retighten them once happy with the belt tension. I think it's a 17mm and a 13mm on either side of the AC pump.

Stuart

Cheers for that.

Will look into it when the time comes as still not entirely sure how all the pieces are put together. Don't know many to study.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:32 pm 

There were 2 different set ups I have seen. All UK turbos had AC as standard, and 2 main pipes can be seen in right hand side of the engine bay. The S2, which did not have AC as standard, but could be factory optioned, in which case only 1 main pipe can be seen in the right hand side of the engine bay. Other than that I don't know the actual difference in the set-ups. I have re-commissioned my own AC, which works on R134a, so might be able to help you out with some stuff. Compressors, dryers, condensors, O-rings I've done.

Stuart

Promax L2 chips, SciVision MAF, Lindsey DPW, MBC, Forge recirc valve, 3 bar FPR, K&N panel, GAZ Gold, wideband AFR, Sytec Motorsport Fuel Pump.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:33 pm 

scam75 wrote:
There were 2 different set ups I have seen. All UK turbos had AC as standard, and 2 main pipes can be seen in right hand side of the engine bay. The S2, which did not have AC as standard, but could be factory optioned, in which case only 1 main pipe can be seen in the right hand side of the engine bay. Other than that I don't know the actual difference in the set-ups. I have re-commissioned my own AC, which works on R134a, so might be able to help you out with some stuff. Compressors, dryers, condensors, O-rings I've done.

Stuart

Stuart, that would be very helpful, thanks.

Yes, I have seen what you have mentioned above. So far, it is now obvious to me that I have bought most of the parts of a turbo, as I have the 2 pipes along & down the right hand side of the engine bay. I shall be using R134a. I have fitted everything in place except for the compressor mounting bracket(which I have including bolts) & the compressor itself. Some other tiny bits of the jigsaw puzzle to arrive shortly, like the AC relay & the pressure switch that sits next to the drier. On the turbo, there are 2, with double wire connections. On the S2, the car has one round plug/connector with 4 wires. So, to match the car's wiring, I have bought the one pressure switch with wiring plug to match, 964 613 137 00

If you do get the chance to take some pics of the compressor/mounting bracket, this would give me a better understanding. You can get in touch via pm or I can give you my e-mail.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:45 am 

karozza wrote:
scam75 wrote:

Stuart

Stuart, that would be very helpful, thanks.

Yes, I have seen what you have mentioned above. So far, it is now obvious to me that I have bought most of the parts of a turbo, as I have the 2 pipes along & down the right hand side of the engine bay. I shall be using R134a. I have fitted everything in place except for the compressor mounting bracket(which I have including bolts) & the compressor itself. Some other tiny bits of the jigsaw puzzle to arrive shortly, like the AC relay & the pressure switch that sits next to the drier. On the turbo, there are 2, with double wire connections. On the S2, the car has one round plug/connector with 4 wires. So, to match the car's wiring, I have bought the one pressure switch with wiring plug to match, 964 613 137 00

If you do get the chance to take some pics of the compressor/mounting bracket, this would give me a better understanding. You can get in touch via pm or I can give you my e-mail.

Cheers.

Also, still have to fit the Alternator pulley for compressor drive belt...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:39 am 

I assume you mean where it bolts on to the engine? Obviously mine came out the factory with it on and as such I've never investigated that. I can try and get some pics for you over the weekend if that's what you are looking for. It's a very busy place there on a turbo, nothing can be seen from above and very little without removing undertrays. The air box, MAF, j boot and intercooler hard pipes all obscure view from the top. Might be better searching google or try Clarks Garage for that. I will have a quick look though and see if I can see anything I can picture for you that will help!

When you are ready to gas it up get the system vacced out first and when filling add in about 10mm ester oil which allows the system to be R134a safe.

Stuart

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:33 pm 

scam75 wrote:
I assume you mean where it bolts on to the engine? Obviously mine came out the factory with it on and as such I've never investigated that. I can try and get some pics for you over the weekend if that's what you are looking for. It's a very busy place there on a turbo, nothing can be seen from above and very little without removing undertrays. The air box, MAF, j boot and intercooler hard pipes all obscure view from the top. Might be better searching google or try Clarks Garage for that. I will have a quick look though and see if I can see anything I can picture for you that will help!

When you are ready to gas it up get the system vacced out first and when filling add in about 10mm ester oil which allows the system to be R134a safe.

Stuart

Yes, where it bolts onto the engine but as you say, it is very busy there on the Turbo. So, I understand what you mean. Will have a look & see what I can find.

Cheers.