It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: ANGLIA & NORTH ESSEX GROUP
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
I will hopefully bump into you guys at Spa?

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:47 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4716
May Newsletter

This morning I was full of intensions to get into work nice and early to draft the newsletter, the sun was shining and all was well, unfortunately it slipped my mind that Monday was a Bank Holiday and have spent most of the day catching up with customers orders and queries as they have had far too much time on their hands over the long weekend, its much quieter on a Monday morning when folks are at work and not bothering me, still it pays the wages.  I must be turning into an old fart, some say I have already arrived ;-)

Last month I did not circulate a newsletter, as I was very light of pocket and could not bring myself to draft anything, it would seem that I have not been the only one as the green pig has had some major surgery as well (keep an eye out for an article in torque next month) if you happen to follow the pig please wear ear defenders and keep and eye out for anything which might drop off, Izzy is paying a reward for any parts which fall off, he has also promised to clean your windscreen of any chip fat oil coming out of his exhaust :0.  My 996 was in the workshop for a little preventative maitenance for the impending trip over to the Ring in August, for the Old Timers Grand Prix. This will my first trip over to the Ring, the Old Timers meeting is run on alternate years for those who are interested the following link will point you in the right direction http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/events-ti ... -prix.html.  Anyway, my PM started out quite innocently with a suspension refresh I thought it would be a nice idea to poly bush the back end as things were getting a little saggy, anyone following close behind would also agree ;-), I was advised it would be a good idea to also replace the lower suspension ball joints as these can be a pig to remove and may get damaged in the process, this was agreed.  We then started discussing the water pump and yes this was also added to the list along with a low temp thermostat, and as we were looking at the water cooling, one of the rads had a little leak, so this was added to the list.  As the front PU was being taken off we decided to have a little look at the AC condensors as well, and yes youv’e guessed it it was decided these had seen better days as well and they were added to the list.  The piggy bank was getting a little lighter now, and the tea towel holder was nipping up a little with talk of other things, such as, auto transmission fluid service, brake fluid change, yes these were added to the list as well.  As the brake fluid was being changed I foolishly suggested the brakes were a little on the soft side and at the time it would not be a bad idea to bleed the enire system to firm up the brakes.  By know I think you get the drift and can anticipate there were a few extras that needed sorting and it would be shame not to do these bits as well, idler pulleys on the serpentine belt were worn and needed replacement, all works were agreeed and arranged to be carried out, then we found out bleeding the brakes would not produce the expected pedal quality, scratching of head and a few more attempts at bleeding the brakes using vacuum bleeders etc were used to no avail, then the servo was removed oh yes it had some water in the unit and had collapsed, so new servo as well.  I can’t divuluge the final bill as I would have to kill you after wards and the wife would be seeking a settlement, but what I can say is the car is totally different to drive the steering geometry was set up for the car and it goes round corners very nicely.  Can’t thank Chris at Pie Performance enough for doing the work, excellent work guys, I shall be writing up a more detailed review with photos at a later date.  Hot news off the press I now also need two new ignition key fobs Ahhhhhhh!!!!!, now living on bread and water for the rest of the month.  Well the car is now sorted for a trip to the ring, me thinks the drive over will be as eventful, some cars will be weighed before they leave the UK and on their return just to determine the weight loss as a result of the trip ;-)

With everything that has been going on and with the age of some of our cars, we should have a new section to the newsletter comparing repair bills, me thinks the hair dryiers will top the list of big bills ;-)

Well whats happened over the last couple of months and whats  on the cards for things to do, for those who missed out on our impromptu FB gathering(s) we have been out for a sunday lunch over to The Swan at Little Henny just outside Sudbury, we all rolled up just afetr 12 noon, filled the car park with pork the sun was shining, no sun tan cream was used and we all went home a little lobster but full of food and beer/wine/pop, if you’ve never been to the Swan it's a worthwhile trip (on a nice day) but get there early for a seat etc.  Weekend before last we popped over to Maulden for the Coffee Morning, porsche 996 group invited us and we were parked up in our own little section with about 20-30 porsches not all 996’s but a nice selection of 911’s and the odd boxster.  For those who have not attended there were about 100 cars on site ranging from european classics to american hot rods and japanese metal as well, afterwards we found a nice pub for a bite to eat afterwards.  It seems that with all of our trips out, if a pub is not featured at some time it's not a day out, so mental note if you are organising an event make sure you list all the local pubs and the quality of the grub as otherwise no bugger will turn up ;-).  One of our members has also taken to rating the pubs toilets on a scale of 1-10, if any ones interested a top ten listing of pub toilets maybe published in a future Newsletter, oh dear.

So whats coming up:

May 19th - 22nd Spa Classic, Izzy and his long suffering wife Mandy have organised this event, we have a number of members going and staying the lap of luxury in a belgian spa hotel, Izzy will be having the odd facial and I understand waxing is on the agenda as well, Back S$%^ and Cr*@& are the main areas of interest.  The ladies are working on their shopping agenda, chocolates and husbands credit cards are part of the plan :-0
June 4th - 5th Simply Porsche Beaulieu, so far we have a booked out a local B&B for our members, Lorna has been working hard to make this a great event Steve has been assisting, the accomdation looks great and so does the bar/ restaurant, looking fwd to the event
July 7th - 10th Wales.  Another Izzy and Mandy event, some time ago Izzy and Mandat took a break in the sheep worrying country and discovered some great driving roads and B&B’s oh and some Brains Beers as well.  I’m sorry not to be attending this one as the internery looks great. 
August 10th - 14th Old Farts GP Nurburgring, and this is where all the old farts are gathering in germany.  Once again Izzy has been leading the way we have 7 cars and 14 members going over in August, this is manly a jolly boys outing as camping is the order of the day promises to be an eventfull few days.  We are gathering in the early hours of the morning, sustained by coffee and bacon rolls for the trip over to Mrs Merkels Germany anything we can do to help the Brexit negotiations for good old blighty will be order of the day, showing our german pork around the ring and taking it back home to blighty where most of the german car industry is parked, opps too political reset nobody noticed that slip.

The following are events that have been agreed and we shall attend:

May 14th Kayaking, Upware Cambs, Lorna has her life saving certificate so if anyone falls in they will get wet, budgie smugglers are not permitted, wet suits are welcome if you want to be harpooned as an escaped whale.
June 11th Suffolk Motor Show Lakenheath, our new members have organised this event, they are working diligently in setting up this event, postings on FB should have made everyone aware of it by now we need to confirm numbers as we have reserved a plot and need to fill it up.
July 2nd Peterborough Speedway, joint event with Peterbro group, this event is still in its infancy but interest is gathering, please let us know if you want to attend 
BBQ, the dates are yet to be finalised, its looking like a Sept BBQ, the weather has been ordered.

THE ACE CAFE SPRING BH 29th MAY 2017, PORSCHE NIGHT !!!
For those in the know Magnus Walker has posted on FB he will attend as he's in the UK and promises something special.

Serveral cars from our region are going, there is also interest from the Peterbro group who may join us, it is suggested we meet up at a Stanstead Services and drive down, the meeting will be rammed so its important to get and early start and to get on site before 6pm on the 29th.  More info to follow.

For those who have no idea who Magus may be follow the link, https://www.topgear.com/car-news/interv ... s-walker#1 

Well thats more than enough for this months newsletter, keep an eye out for impromptu FB meetings, if the weather is good and theres a local pub in the agenda it will be supported.

Kind Regards

John Briggs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:00 pm 

Morning, fantastic day, only one sleep to go before we head down to the south coast for Simply Porsche at Beaulieu.

For some strange reason the wash bucket and shampoo have been recovered from the unknown depths of the barn and the Porsche has been treated to a bath and a bit of wax, this morning I have been out on the roads to top her up with petrol for tomorrows road trip, but more about that later.

Our last club night was a great evening, the sun was out and number of our Porks were parked up outside the Woolie, whilst the majority of us had camped out in the beer garden watching the antics of the landlords collection of Bantam Hens causing havoc amongst the other visitors in the beer garden.  We had a couple of new vistors to the group Kevin and Ian, arrived in a nice clean Boxster, and were very welcome.

Since our last newsletter the following events have come and past:

Spa Classic
Izzy and Mandy arranged this event, the weather was reported to be a little miserable to start off with but brightened up during the weekend, I advised the company was of the highest std and the beer wasn’t too bad either.

Kyaking
Steve and Lorna arranged this event assisted by Chris and Yvonne, most of us had never been on the water in a Kyak let alone a boat or floaty thing of some description, the sun was out for most of the day and was spent paddling up and down the river, nice relaxing day finished off by a pub meal.

Ace Cafe Magnus Walker
I not sure who organised this event, possibly porsche club GB, if not I’m sure that someone will be along shortly to correct me, the event was scheduled for 6pm ish, but with such a following it was always going to be well attended and busy, through the grape vine some had arrived at 12 noon to ensure they grabbed a parking space.  For those of us using social media, there are numerous photos on the internet, my understanding being that Magnus turned up for a book signing event and was considered to be nice guy some of our members even had a photos taken of themselves with the big guy.

Ok current events;

This weekend we have Simply Porsche at Beaulieu, the even is held on the 4th June, 8 cars are driving down from our region tomorrow and meeting up at 10:00 at Clacket Lane Services for a convoy (we will be leaving earlier and will catch up with you in the new forrest later in the day).  Entry fro the event is charged at £10 per adult chlidern as passengers are charged entry at £5 if you are driving a porsche otherwise I understand the entry is >£24 per adult.
You can purchase the entry ticket on line one the Beaulieu website, the event is normally busy so it may be advisable to purchase your tickets in advance, if you want to attend as a group or club best to meet outside the event and drive in all together so you may all park as a group.  I don’t know if anyone is looking to drive down on the day, if you are and want to meet up with us drop us a line so we can advise where we are meeting.  Entry is at approx 9am.

11th June Suffolk Motor Show, Lakenheath, we have approx 9 cars already booked, this is a new event and promises to be quite popular, information has been published on our FB page relating to this event, if you are interested let us know so we can make space for you on the club stand.

July 2nd Peterbrough Speedway, last event was held on Bonfire Night at Foxhall Speedway in Ipswich, great night darn cold, hopefully July weather will be much improved, if youve never been before its great fun, further details to be issued on FB shortly.

July 7th Tour of Wales, the sheep are worried and Izzy has a grin on his face, not sure if its related to driving or not, you can make your own mind up on that one, spaces have been booked for this event for some time now, if you would like to attend you may have to make your own accommodations as the hotels are small in this region and don’t have many rooms.  If interested at this late stage contact Izzy or Mandy and they can provide you with the details of ther event.

August 10th AVD GP Germany, commonly know as the Old Timers event, vintage racing and spectors (us lot), event has been booked for some time, 7 porsche’s driving over via the Eurotunnel, France bit of Luxembourg and Germany, all attempts to avoid Belgium roads have been planned into the event.  The accomodation is under canvas, I assume if you have not booked you may be able to join us but you may have to make your own arrangements, for info contact Izzy.

Club BBQ Newmarket 17th Sept, details to follow.

Was looking around in my barns earlier this week and came across Vanessa’s tractor, anyone else notice the similarity of colour scheme with someones car ;-)

Attachments:
izzy pig small.png
izzy pig small.png [ 190.52 KiB | Viewed 12618 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:01 pm 

Our last meeting held at the woolly was very well attended, we welcomed a few new faces who joined us on this very pleasant evening for a few drinks and a session of tyre kicking, this was a vary rare event for this year as the weather has been appalling for club night so it made a very welcome break.  Our visitors brought with them a variety of cars ranging from boxsters to 911 SC, nice cars in excellent condition shaming my 996 which had not been cleaned for some time, but thats another tale.

Izzy chaired the meeting and discussed some of the recent events and weekend trips which as members many of us attended and thoroughly enjoyed, this year has been quite eventful for a number of reasons and as a club we have attended fewer car shows and focused on weekend events and gatherings which we have largely organised on our own, I think all who have attended have enjoyed themselves, as each of the weekend trips away have been eventful in their own ways.

Most of the club based events are now drawing to a close, over this last weekend two events had taken place namely a car show at Saffron Walden (Lorna and Steve hosting the event for the club) and the AvD Gp in Nurberg Germany (organised by Izzy), I won’t report on these in this newsletter as these events are likely to be covered in detail by others and or covered in future editions of “Torque”.  However if you visit the clubs Facebook site you will get a feel of the events and see some great photos taken by a number of us who attended, the only thing I will say about Germany it was wet at times but when the sun came out it was great, many such events are made by the people as a club we have a fantastic group which makes such trips so worthwhile.  We are always on the lookout for events and weekends away they don’t need to be car based, so if you have an idea come fwd and discuss it at the meetings, or alternately discuss it with one of the steering group or put it up on Facebook we don’t bite, well most of us don’t ;-)

We still have the club BBQ on the calendar and possibly a car show at battles bridge and or Bury St Edmunds, these will be discussed at our next meeting, we have also started thinking about xmas which seems far away but autumn is just round the corner, Yvonne and I are pulling together a list of likely places and your steering committee will whittle the list down to identify the venue, will try to get this out in the next couple of weeks so we can book the venue.

If you have not signed up for our Facebook page please do so, theres a lot of banter going on with loads of information and news, our Facebook numbers have increased over the past year and continue to grow, so I hope we are doing something right, sign up and join in the banter.

Hope to see many of you in a week or so’s time, fingers crossed the weather will be fine so tyre kicking will be on the menu ;-)

Kind Regards

John Briggs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:12 pm 

August Newsletter

Hi folks,

Just a quick update on what’s been going on & is about to happen in the not to distant future.
Uncle John is away on his Hols, so you’ll will have to but up with my ramblings.

Good turnout at the club night with the regular crew in attendance and a couple of newbies!!

Avd trip was reviewed and has had an article submitted to All Torque fingers crossed it will make the grade.

With the last few planned events of the year underway.

Regional BBQ is next on the 17th September.

The weekend the 24th is the Battlesbridge Grand Motorbillia car show. This is a pre-booked event only with the 6 spaces which are now taken.

Christmas is coming up fast and Yvonne & John B have had a busy time trying out the local eating establishments in the Bury area (Porky Pigs).

Soon to be finalised, so watch this space!!

Next meeting Tuesday 26th September normal place & time.
All welcome.

Cheers

Ian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:10 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
I had 6 Porsche's on my stand at Battlesbridge today

4 968's a 944S2 and a 944 turbo

I don't even have a membership!

You guys should do better!

2013 Volvo XC60 D5 brilliant car

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:18 am 

We came around and chatted to some of the guys on your stand, and handed out cards, as well. Must of just missed you!! Sorry!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:17 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
My brother and I have been participants in the Battlesbridge shows for over twenty years, with a bit of luck next year I hope to have over 10 cars but they will all be older than 1995, as required by the rules of the show.

we were missing a cab this year but i hope to make up for it with a 944 turbo cab and one or two 968 cabs in 2018.

2013 Volvo XC60 D5 brilliant car

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:32 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7868
Shame that the Battlesbridge event is on the same date as The Warren Estate Classic and supercar show just a little further down the road near Maldon.
I'm still a member of the walking wounded and unable to drive so we jumped in (ok, I had full grandad style treatment to get in & out!)my friends 996 and headed off to Maldon.
This show is a very well kept secret- at least to me! The variety and quality of the cars on show was fantastic-not just the hypercars but the classics and vintage cars too- beautiful pre-war coachbuilt Rolls Royces, The full range of big jags 9ncluding the type D piloted by Mike Hawthorn and a stunning Alfa tha I can only describe as the inspiration for FAB1 due to the glass top!
A magnificent collection of Ferraris including two La Ferraris, three Enzo's and some historic racers. However, hidden away the in eclectic mix of display cars and sandwiched between a Mk1 Harris badged Cortina, I found my personal favourite and one on my bucket list, a 246GT Dino!

As for the Porsche's on show, there was a fairly small collection with a couple of GT3's, a GT4 and various incarnations of the 911 both normally aspirated and induction boosted. My personal highlight was a racing 356 that was in original condition with nothing other than racing maintenance done to it. Spied out in the 'drive in classic' section was a lone 928 with a 924S for company albeit some distance away.
With helicopter and monster truck rides, a dedicated entertainment area for children as well as arena displays and a music stage with Paul Hardcastle juinor one of the performing artistes, there was something for the whole family.

Hopefully, next year they'll be on different dates but I'd certainly put this in the diary for 2018. Here is the event web page:http://www.warrenclassic.co.uk/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:51 pm 

September, the year has nearly come to and end as has our events schedule for 2017.  

Looking back over the summer months as a region its been a great year with a number of weekends away (wales, new forrest) plus a number of car shows, kyaking, scaletric evenings, visits to race tracks (Spa and the Green Hell)  the list goes on, all of these events being organised by members of the steering comittee.  So I would like to thank each member of the steering comittee for making this a great year with many more to come, it could not have happened without you, oh and we can’t forget the BBQ ;-).  We must be one of the most active regions in the UK !!

2018 is just around the corner, so over then next few months the steering comittee will gather and try to come up with a list of events, weekends away etc to equal if not better 2017, if you have any suggestions please put them to the steering comittee so we may add these to our list for 2018, or alternately volunteer or sponser an event or weekend away.  Our steering comittee is small but particularly active we all work for a living and do not recieve any payment from the club for our time, we do this for the members, our time is limited as we are all busy people, so any help / suggestions would be more than welcome.  It is alway dissapointing if club members think we could do more and we have received a few negative comments about some of the events we have sponsored this year or failed to support as a club.  In these circumstances I think the solution is, if you want change or want to do  something different participate in organising an event or sponsor a weekend away and help us make the changes you want to improve the region.   We can’t do it without your help, if you can’t help directly, then support us by attending the events, the more the merrier.

Our last meeting at the Woolie was chaired by Chris, we discussed the last event of the year at battlesbridge car show, many of us had not been before and throughly enjoyed the day, the organisers have acheived a nice balance to the show, with a mixture of cars, jumble, traders and antiques all playing a part in the event, so plenty for all, for those not interested in those things there were a couple of pubs close by and cream teas and sunday lunches were available rather than the normal fare of burger / hot dogs, so overall a great day.  We had a little drama at the start of the day, as when we arrived on our pitch, another car club had kindly taken over a large section of our allocated area, the ladies sorted this out quite diplomatically,the baseball bats and clubs remained in the boots of the cars.  We had a little shuffling around and Chris manged to find a corner for the purple peril to settle into.  Chris advised us that the long awaited appearance of the 993 was imminent but delayed as he had broken it or rather broke a fitting to the oil reservoir which was rather pricey to replace but could be overcome with a little fettling.  To some disappointment we anounced there would be no xmas dinner this year, as we had decided to move this into Jan and instead of focusing on typical xmas fare, I think we will all see more than our fair share of turkey this year, it was decided to hold an evening out in Bury St Edmunds in Jan, a few bars followed by a curry, all welcome, details to follow.

End of the month Pie Peformance are holding their last coffee morning on Oct 28th, previous coffee mornings have been well supported by the club and I see no reason why we should not continue, if you have not visited Pie previously, come and join us, have a chat with Chris and John who own the business, they are both great guys.  If you have not already heard Pie are building their own boxster this year and will be entered into a number of races of the BRSCC Toyo Tyres Porsche Drivers Racing Championship, web link http://www.porscheracingdrivers.co.uk.  If your interested in making your car go faster or just want to maintain it these are the guys to talk to. 

Our next meeting is on the 24th, so I hope to see as many of you as possible.

Kind Regards

John Briggs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:55 pm 

Better late then never, bit late due to cyber hiccup!!

Now this is a strange occurrence 2 newsletters in less than 2 weeks, steady on.  I had a moment free so thought I would get a head of the game.

Most of you may have noticed that our regional section of  “Torque” was absent of any news this month, the ofending person has cited an act of contrition and has been assigned a suitable penance by the steering committee, seriously 7 regions were also in the same hot water with head office as it would seem that the reminders to send in the info for the regional section were not sent out, just goes to show how effective a nudge can be.

Our meeting last night was attended by a slightly smaller group than normal, but we still managed to fill our section of the woolie, most of us wanting to review this last year and discussion options for next year.  In summary car shows are fine and will continue to be part of our events programme but will only be organised by our events committe (Mandy) for major events, we do not plan on attending the 300 or so car shows in the region and will narrow this down to the shows which offer club members and family the best day out.  Weekend aways are the main point of discussion and where are we going, at the present time we have no idea, we have asked for support and guidance from th membership but have recieved little feed back, so its down to your committee to come up with a few ideas.  Some of our thoughts being trips over to france, germany etc as groups for events in the EU or long couples weekends, this does not mean we shall exclude weekends in the UK its another option.  Recent trips to europe by car has reminded some of us that the continent is only a couple of hours from home and there is a lot to see, some of the trips suggested in the past being the highland 500, this is a long drive up and back with 500 miles of driving between rough guess being not far short of 1500 - 2000 miles of driving.   Just to muddy the waters, approx 600 miles of driving would place you in the centre of germany.

As previously advised we will not be holding an xmas meal this year and have opted for a curry in BSE sometime in Jan, a couple of dates have been tabled and will be announced once dates have been confirmed with the restaurant etc.  The steering comittee will arrange a meeting some time before xmas so we can start discussing the events for next year, this generally takes some time so I do not believe we shall have any firm ideas until early next year, so watch this space.

This is the revised revised version on last months newsletter 

Our events schedule for 2017 has almost come to an end.  

Looking back over the summer months as a region it has been a great year with a number of weekends away (Wales, New Forest) plus a number of car shows, kayaking, scalextric evenings, visits to race tracks (Spa and the Green Hell) the list goes on, all of these events being organised by members of the Steering Committee.  So I would like to thank each member of the Steering Committee for making this a great year with many more to come, it could not have happened without you, oh and we can’t forget the BBQ ;-).  We must be one of the most active TIPEC regions in the UK!!

2018 is just around the corner, so over the next few months the Steering Committee will gather and try to come up with a list of events, weekends-away, etc to equal if not better those in 2017.   If you have any suggestions please put them to the Steering Committee so we may add these to our list for 2018.   Alternately volunteer or sponsor an event or weekend-away.  

Our Steering Committee is small but particularly active we all work for a living and do not receive any payment from the Club for our time.  We do this for the members..  Our time is limited as we are all busy people, so any help/suggestions would be more than welcome.  It is always disappointing if club members think we could do more and we have received a few negative comments about some of the events we have sponsored this year or failed to support as a club.  In these circumstances I think the solution is, if you want change or want to do something different then participate in organising an event or sponsor a weekend-away and help us make the changes you want to improve the region.   We can’t do it without your help..  If you can’t help directly, then support us by attending the events, the more the merrier.

A recent meeting at the Woolie was chaired by Chris, we discussed the last event of the year at Battlesbridge Car Show.  Many of us had not been before and thoroughly enjoyed the day.  The organisers have achieved a nice balance to the Show, with a mixture of cars, jumble, traders and antiques all playing a part in the event - so plenty for all.  For those not interested in those things there were a couple of pubs close by and cream-teas and Sunday lunches were available rather than the normal fayre of burgers/hot dogs, etc so overall it was a great day.  

We had a little drama at the start of the day, as when we arrived on our pitch, another car club had kindly taken over a large section of our allocated space.  The ladies sorted this out quite diplomatically.  The baseball bats and clubs remained in the boots of the cars.  We had a little shuffling around and Chris managed to find a corner for the purple peril to settle into.  Chris advised us that the long awaited appearance of the 993 was imminent but delayed as he had broken it or rather broke a fitting to the oil-reservoir which was rather pricey to replace but could be overcome with a little fettling. 

To some disappointment we announced there would be no Christmas dinner this year, as we had decided to move this into January and instead of focussing on typical Christmas fayre, I think we will all see more than our fair share of turkey this year.   It was decided to hold an evening out in Bury St Edmunds in January - a few bars followed by a curry, all welcome and details to follow.

Pie Peformance held their last coffee morning on 28thOctober.  Previous coffee mornings have been well-supported by the Club and I see no reason why we should not continue.  If you have not visited Pie previously, come and join us.  Have a chat with Chris and John who own the business - they are both great guys.  If you have not already heard Pie are building their own Boxster this year and this will be entered into a number of races of the BRSCC Toyo Tyres Porsche Drivers Racing Championship, web link http://www.porscheracingdrivers.co.uk.  If yourinterested in making your car go faster or just want to maintain it these are the guys to talk to. 

Porsche Racing Drivers - PORSCHE CHAMPIONSHIP
http://www.porscheracingdrivers.co.uk
Supports the Porsche 924 Championship in the UK. Features results, technical regulations and a forum.

Thinking ahead, don’t forget guys that there will be no meeting in December.

Kind Regards

John Briggs & Ian Jones

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:02 pm 

Hi All

First and foremost, may I take this opportunity to thank John Briggs for his efforts over the last couple of years in producing the monthly newsletters. He has kept us all up to speed with the goings on as far as our region and the wider activities of the club are concerned.

The baton has now been passed to me, and I will do my best to carry on where John has left off, although I am hoping that my spellchecker works better than Johns!!

Well, I think it is safe to say that winter has arrived, but looking back over 2018, I don’t think we have too much to complain about with the weather or the events that we have attended. There doesn’t seem to have been too many weekends over the past few months when there hasn’t been something Porsche related going on, from car shows, such as Battlesbridge, Cressing Temple and Cars by the Lake to weekends away, including the Le Mans Classic, Beaulieu and our WOTY to Whitby. Some of us have also attended some race meets, including the World Endurance cars at Silverstone and Club racing at Brands Hatch. Not forgetting a track day at Blyton Park
We were a little unlucky with the weather on one occasion, and that was the Supercar Show, at the Warren Golf and Country Club. It teemed down with rain and blew an absolute hooley, the few of us that braved the onslaught could only manage about an hour of dashing between marquee and gazebo and back under umbrellas before we finally gave in and sought out the comfort and warmth of a local eatery. It was a great pity because The Warren is a great venue and always attracts some very rare cars. Fingers crossed the organisers are luckier with the weather next year, as I’m sure it will appear on our events list for 2019.

The final car meet of the year was Cars and Coffee, hosted by our friends at PIE Performance in Lavenham, Suffolk. Chris and his team opened up their premises for us and other Porsche enthusiasts for the morning and we were, as always, looked after very well, both with advice from Chris and Ash, teas and coffee by the bucket load, cheese and biscuits, sausage rolls and other nibbles.
Chris also allowed us to set up a small table and flags to promote the club. We had some positive interest on the day, and a couple of people have already joined our Facebook page.

It has truly been a cracking season and I feel sure that we can plan a similarly exciting 2019, with some help and input from you. We work hard as a steering committee to arrange events that appeal to all of our members, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time, and we always welcome your input on the events we attend. If you have any ideas for the coming year, or have any comment on past events, please do contact one of us, after all, we are here to try and help you get the most out of the club and to appeal to as many members as possible. Remember we are very much a family orientated region and wives/husbands, girlfriends/boyfriends, children and possibly pets are all welcome, so get involved.

Looking forward to next year, we already have a list of ideas for events that we hope will be of interest, including the London to Brighton run, with the suggestion of possibly tying this in with a weekend away, various car shows within the region and beyond, our annual BBQ and the bi-annual trip to the Nürburgring for the Oldtimers weekend.

This list will grow over the winter and into the summer season, and as always, there will be numerous Ad-Hoc events that generally get posted on our Facebook page. For anyone wishing to keep in touch with what is going on and what is planned, Facebook is a great tool. Even if you are not an avid social media user, our page on Facebook is well worth signing up for.
As per normal our post-Christmas meal with pre-match drinks, will be held at an Italian restaurant in Bury St Edmunds on the evening of Saturday 26th January 2019, sorry but club membership is required, so if you want to join in with all that’s going on, become a paid up member of the club an ideal Christmas gift.

I will sign off for now and look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at our next club night on 27th November.