Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:30 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Porsche VTS
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 9:43 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
I am hoping to collect a 997.2 which has Porsche VTS fitted but not activated. There are 2 fobs and the insurance do not require any tracking system but I'm thinking it might be a good thing to have. Does anyone know the costs, how it works and how I go about getting the system activated please? TIA.

Post subject: Re: Porsche VTS
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:03 pm 

The system is a cobra system which is now ran by Vodaphone -> http://automotive.vodafone.co.uk/about- ... otive.aspx
I think it is £210 a year but you can buy various packages for the Porsche system.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:02 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:14 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7975
I have had Cobra [later Vodafone] VTS for three years and, whilst I am happy to "tick an Insurance box", have to say that the service is less than spectacular..

I have taken the EuroTunnel a few times, forgetting to notify them that the car would be moving without the engine running / key in ignition etc. and not received either a text or a call notifying my that my car had been apparently "stolen"..

The Fob is a PITA too; in an era of small tech the thing is oversize, fragile and awkwardly portable.. I bought this thingto keep it in and clip to my keyring when heading out for a drive.. Yes, I remove it and keep it separate when at my destination :wink:

https://kingroon.blog

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:07 pm 

kingroon wrote:
I have taken the EuroTunnel a few times, forgetting to notify them that the car would be moving without the engine running / key in ignition etc. and not received either a text or a call notifying my that my car had been apparently "stolen"

I didn't think it activated until the car was locked?
I've used the tunnel and never bothered to report it(I used to) but it's never caused a call/text to come from them.

kingroon wrote:
The Fob is a PITA too; in an era of small tech the thing is oversize, fragile and awkwardly portable.. I bought this thingto keep it in and clip to my keyring when heading out for a drive.. Yes, I remove it and keep it separate when at my destination :wink:

I purchased a wallet with a coin pouch, which holds the fob spot on.
Seeing as I tend to take my wallet with me if going out, it works fine for me.

For the saving made, I wouldn't bother with the VTS, but insurance insistence means they get my money.
I have a friend who recently had his car returned following its theft because of the tracker, they tend to park the cars up for a whilse to see if they have one fitted- he got his back within the hour totally undamaged. = result