Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:15 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The perfect couple
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:23 am 

TIPEC membership: 4869
Once upon a time, a perfect man and a perfect woman met. After a perfect courtship, they had a perfect wedding. Their life together was, of course, perfect. One snowy, stormy Christmas Eve, this perfect couple was driving their perfect car (a porsche 911, of course) along a winding road, when they noticed someone at the side of the road in distress. Being the perfect couple, they stopped to help. There stood Santa Claus with a huge bundle of toys. Not wanting to disappoint any children on the eve of Christmas, the perfect couple loaded Santa and his toys into their vehicle. Soon they were driving along delivering toys. Unfortunately, the driving conditions deteriorated and the perfect couple and Santa Claus had an accident. Only one of them survived the accident. The mind numbing question is: Who was the survivor?

Scroll down for the answer...

The perfect woman survived. She's the only one who really existed in the first place. Everyone knows there is no Santa Claus and there is no such thing as a perfect man. Women stop reading here. That is the end of the joke.

Men keep'a scrollin'...

So, if there is no perfect man and no Santa Claus, the perfect woman must have been driving. And that explains why there was a car accident. By the way, if you're a woman and you're reading this, this illustrates another point: Women never listen, either.

Porsche 996 C2
BMW X5

Post subject: Re: The perfect couple
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:40 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4260
:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:20 pm 
But everyone knows there's no such thing as a perfect 911, as the engine's in the wrong place on all of them. This means that no non-existent or existent person could have been in the non existent perfect car. Therefore there was no accident. Now no accident is a perfect accident, so it was all quite perfect, whether anyone existed or not. In other words, the world is perfect even if not everybody is perfect. However that would make the German Leibniz correct in his claim that we live in the best of all possible worlds, that is, a perfect world. But Liebniz wasn't perfect, as if we lived in the best of all possible worlds there'd be no problems with cars so it isn't perfect, there was an accident and it wasn't even the woman's fault - the 911 is an angel of death on a winding road, which is why 911 drivers are generally such slow drivers, even on the straight. When was the last time you saw a 911 on the road actually doing anything much? Now, this will annoy 911 drivers, so it's probably not a perfect joke. Particularly as you're the only person alive who's got this far reading it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:26 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4869
Rev. Roland wrote:
But everyone knows there's no such thing as a perfect 911, as the engine's in the wrong place on all of them. This means that no non-existent or existent person could have been in the non existent perfect car. Therefore there was no accident. Now no accident is a perfect accident, so it was all quite perfect, whether anyone existed or not. In other words, the world is perfect even if not everybody is perfect. However that would make the German Leibniz correct in his claim that we live in the best of all possible worlds, that is, a perfect world. But Liebniz wasn't perfect, as if we lived in the best of all possible worlds there'd be no problems with cars so it isn't perfect, there was an accident and it wasn't even the woman's fault - the 911 is an angel of death on a winding road, which is why 911 drivers are generally such slow drivers, even on the straight. When was the last time you saw a 911 on the road actually doing anything much? Now, this will annoy 911 drivers, so it's probably not a perfect joke. Particularly as you're the only person alive who's got this far reading it.

Sigh......how I wish that made perfect sense to me....... :?

Porsche 996 C2
BMW X5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:28 pm 

TIPEC membership: 3045
the best of all possible is not always the most perfect, the best of all possible is only that which you percieve as the best, big leibibabes forgot that the interactor between the world and the person is the senses which may lie, he also forgot to think about the idea that that the idea of the perfect is only an idea in the mind of the perciever. Now the german with te fuzzy hair and a dislike of Popper, thats wittgenstien to you and me would even argue that the word "perfect" is as a human word merely a construction to describe an abstract and really doesnt mean anything anyway, so someone better get defining what perfect is here!! are we saying perfect can exist A priori? I thnk not govenor, the a priori existance of a human concept?????? I doubt it could be even an a posteriori reality as the definition of perfection is probably unatainable anyway !!!

lets have a look at perfect shall we??? think about your plato and the theory of the forms, whereby the perfect only exists in a plane of existance separate from the real or percieved world in which we nly see versions of the perfect or forms of the perfect. this of couse would mean that forms of all perfect things have and always will exist but hey thats another problem aint it.

as for the actual existance of the world for it to "be" in the first place place well dont get me started on cartesian duelism, berkley and his treee obsession and then start dragging god and evil demons into things

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:31 pm 

Rev. Roland wrote:

:?:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:32 pm 

dekandgord wrote:
the best of all possible is not always the most perfect, the best of all possible is only that which you percieve as the best, big leibibabes forgot that the interactor between the world and the person is the senses which may lie, he also forgot to think about the idea that that the idea of the perfect is only an idea in the mind of the perciever. Now the german with te fuzzy hair and a dislike of Popper, thats wittgenstien to you and me would even argue that the word "perfect" is as a human word merely a construction to describe an abstract and really doesnt mean anything anyway, so someone better get defining what perfect is here!! are we saying perfect can exist A priori? I thnk not govenor, the a priori existance of a human concept?????? I doubt it could be even an a posteriori reality as the definition of perfection is probably unatainable anyway !!!

lets have a look at perfect shall we??? think about your plato and the theory of the forms, whereby the perfect only exists in a plane of existance separate from the real or percieved world in which we nly see versions of the perfect or forms of the perfect. this of couse would mean that forms of all perfect things have and always will exist but hey thats another problem aint it.

as for the actual existance of the world for it to "be" in the first place place well dont get me started on cartesian duelism, berkley and his treee obsession and then start dragging god and evil demons into things

:?: :?:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:34 pm 
LilMsPiggy wrote:
Rev. Roland wrote:

Sigh......how I wish that made perfect sense to me....... :?

me too!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:34 pm 

[quote="lindsayhbrown

:?: :?:[/quote]

you know what i am saying really !!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:50 pm 
dekandgord wrote:

It's good to know Gordon I'm not the only genius here !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:51 pm 

Rev. Roland wrote:

dead right you are not the only genius here, I am !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:53 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4623
dekandgord wrote:
Rev. Roland wrote:

dead right you are not the only genius here, I am !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

And you could have that entire conversation about the definition of "genius" too. There are parallels of language for you to interpolate.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:55 pm 

ah language dontcha just love it, random sounds assigned to concepts that have no universal truth and are open to interpretation, totally useless at decribing the world around us only ever approximating in a loose way to the thought that we chose to attach it to.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:56 pm 

as for genii I is one tho!

rub the lamp and I will will show you, i may have the wrong end of the stick, but I also have curly boots and a turban !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:00 pm 

why interpolate by the way?? isnt that about insertion??????