Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:07 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Geometry work in Central Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:54 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4753
I had a four-wheel alignment done this afternoon by Willie at CLCM in Edinburgh. He came recommended by just about everybody I spoke to from PCGB … apparently the OPC in Edinburgh take tricky cars to him when they can’t manage the job themselves!

CLCM Tyre Service
11 Bankhead Drive
Edinburgh EH11 4EJ
0131 458 5559

Easy spot to get to, just off the end of the M8, friendly bloke, and very quick and thorough with the alignment. He knows Porsches inside-out and has all the factory recommended setups to hand. Cheap too … I paid less than fifty quid (mind you, my rear wheels were perfect, only the fronts required any work).

The results were very clear. I can’t stress enough how much of a change you’ll feel right away if any of your wheel settings have been out of alignment. Driving the hour over to Edinburgh and getting straight back on the motorway again afterwards meant that I was very aware of the sudden change in my car’s character. Steering wheel vibration has been cut right down, and the car feels a hell of a lot more taut. It really digs into fast corners now, giving masses of confidence.

Finally, the printout I now have from Willie’s big laser machine is a handy reference for any future visits, to him or to anyone else looking at my car’s setup. All the factory settings are shown, alongside my before and after measurements. I’ll be taking a photocopy to Bruntingthorpe next month to see if Chris from Centre Gravity has anything to add!