Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:42 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Arden Auto-Val
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:03 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4635
My 928 S4 is in pretty good nick, but previous owners had left very bad paint swirls all over the body. I'd added my own scratches from being careless when leaning into the cavernous depths of her V8 engine bay (a lot of 928 jobs involve spreadeagling yourself over bonnet!).

Anyway with NEC Classics coming up and with my RO kindly inviting me to display, I wanted to get the swirl marks taken out.

Anthony and his team at Arden Auto-Val (between Stratford-upon-Avon and Henley) did a fantastic job. They were very enthusiastic and knowledgeable throughout, and conscientious enough to add stages to the polishing when they weren't happy with results (apparently 928 paint is very hard stuff). They worked on the car all day, and charged £200 for renovation, polishing and then final finish with Autoglym HD. If your car requires less work then you'll pay a bit less.

I'd held off getting the work done prior to this as I hadn't had any reliable local recommendations, but I was very reassured by a long conversation with Anthony which made my mind up to let them do the work. Was also considering buying a DA polisher but cost of that, materials and suitable accessories would have exceeded Auto-Val's cost of what is after all a job you only need do once really.

Their website is http://www.ardenautoval.co.uk and you can email them at info@ardenautoval.co.uk

I asked my RO to consider arranging a visit to them for a club night next year, as I thought my fellow members in Central might like to consider them for similar paint polishing. They also do the full range of usual exterior and interior valet services.

The indoor lights at NEC show up the most minor scratches, so photos will give you some idea of what they achieved. Just wish I'd taken before and after shots. Despite appearances car was on TIPEC stand, but our friends at neighbouring PCGB stand were rather enthusiastic with their branding!

Attachments:
renn2.jpg
renn2.jpg [ 113.33 KiB | Viewed 5088 times ]
nec2.jpg
nec2.jpg [ 59.31 KiB | Viewed 5090 times ]

Post subject: Re: Arden Auto-Val
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:39 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4190
This looked fantastic last weekend as did all the others but this one in particular. Artificial light & dark colours are not normally a good mix & are particularly harsh but this one certainly stood up.

http://tipec.net/region_southeastlondon.php

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2005 Porsche Cayenne S Now sold!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Now sold!
2010 Mazda MX5 Mk3.5 2.0 Sport Tech
2000 Porsche Boxster S SOLD!
1987 Porsche 944 2.5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:05 pm 

TIPEC membership: 928
Skype ID: andrew.fenwick928
Adrian I thought the car looked fantastic when I saw it at the Tilford meeting - (so own up you had it re-sprayed) :lol: :lol: Full marks to the Arden Auto-Val team for a first class job - Will it win the the coverted dirtiest car of the Merry Miller meeting in December ?? .... see you there...........

928 S4 1991 White/Grey
Cayenne GTS 2009 Black/Black
http://www.holidayhomes4u.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:16 pm 

Thanks for kind words Andrew.

The car always looked nice outdoors - the swirls were only obvious at certain angles in strong sun hence I was also pleased with how she looked at Tilford. At any rate I didn't feel too ashamed parked next to Rob Burrell's GT!

Indoor lights especially fluorescent show up every flaw ruthlessly, which is why I was keen to have machine polishing before NEC. No re-spray honest but I was surprised how many people visiting the stand found it difficult to believe paint was original.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:16 pm 

tr7v8 wrote:
This looked fantastic last weekend as did all the others but this one in particular. Artificial light & dark colours are not normally a good mix & are particularly harsh but this one certainly stood up.

Thanks Jim!