Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:36 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Beckerstore
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:07 pm 

I just wanted to grumble about Beckerstore.com. I have shopped here twice & on both occasions it was a rather irritating experience. The first occasion was last year ordering a Becker head unit. The order was confirmed but after 6 weeks there was no delivery or confirmation of dispatch. I emailed Beckerstore.com and got no reply. I rang them on the number on their web-site and got through to an office where Beckerstore were obviously only a minor part of the operation. On both occasion I called they were evasive and not forthcoming. I eventually determined from another supplier of Becker goods that there was a problem with the units being manufactured, but I wasn't told this by Beckerstore.com.
In February this year I ordered an iPod kit, and what do you know, the same thing. After the order confirmation, no follow-up, no despatch note. I emailed after a fortnight - the email was read but never replied to. After six weeks I gave up and got the goods somewhere else.
Nice looking web-site, but I would say this crowd are best avoided.

Post subject: Re: Beckerstore
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:29 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
Just been doing a search on iPOD connections for my Becker head unit and found your post. Where did you get your hardware from in the end?

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:34 am 

TIPEC membership: 4753
I found it much easier to buy Becker gear from eBay sellers than to even attempt their own online store. Cheaper, too.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:55 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Cheers Poprock, I've had a look on eBay and just purchased an iPod link for the Becker head unit :D

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:50 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4753
Nice one! Hope it arrives quickly.