Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:59 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Modern Classic Car Company ! Bad experiences ?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:47 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
Has anybody had any bad experiences with these crooks in Scotland ?
They used to go by the name of car throttle or sometimes Car and Classic.
They polish turds, way over price, have dodgy MOT's and once you have a problem block your phone number and don't reply to emails.. I've found out much more on car dealer watchdogs, and would like to say much more but can't at this time for legal reasons... If anybody has come across these mugs I'd love to hear from you...
And although people might say why did you buy from them, check out there website to see how well they do things. To an untrained eye cosmetically they get the car looking very good, but after further inspection they are death traps.
When you buy trade you expect things with 3 months warranty to be completely legit, but it turns out they are nothing but Cowboys.

Post subject: Re: The Modern Classic Car Company ! Bad experiences ?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:57 am 

Jessi,

Look on here and the other forum - you'll find that they are discussed frequently.

I'm curious as to why you start a thread to apparently ask a question ("Has anybody had any bad experiences with these crooks in Scotland ?") and then proceed to answer it yourself.

Oli.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:28 am 

I have no personal experience but have heard both very bad and good things about them. They do appear to have some happy customers in the Porsche world. There is currently a thread on pistonheads about a Boxster they sold. It doesn't make good reading if the comments are entirely accurate.

Good luck resolving whatever issue you have.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:09 pm 

according to one customer they offer a verbal guarantee, although I'm not sure it's worth the paper it's written on.....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:26 pm 

zcacogp wrote:
Jessi,

Look on here and the other forum - you'll find that they are discussed frequently.

I'm curious as to why you start a thread to apparently ask a question ("Has anybody had any bad experiences with these crooks in Scotland ?") and then proceed to answer it yourself.

Oli.

I know the answer, but would like see if anyone else on here has been done. and to see how they got there money back.
Is that ok with you ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:27 pm 

simkin911 wrote:
I have no personal experience but have heard both very bad and good things about them. They do appear to have some happy customers in the Porsche world. There is currently a thread on pistonheads about a Boxster they sold. It doesn't make good reading if the comments are entirely accurate.

Good luck resolving whatever issue you have.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:30 pm 

Craigybaby wrote:
according to one customer they offer a verbal guarantee, although I'm not sure it's worth the paper it's written on.....

Verbal or not it's irrelevant, if the customer is not happy with the product up to 30 days after purchase they are entitled to a full refund no questions asked.
But when they block your number and do not reply to emails it makes things a little tricky

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:54 pm 

Jessi wrote:
Craigybaby wrote:

Verbal or not it's irrelevant, if the customer is not happy with the product up to 30 days after purchase they are entitled to a full refund no questions asked.
But when they block your number and do not reply to emails it makes things a little tricky

I think the comment above is a little tongue in cheek. Their 'verbal warranty' was discussed on PCGB - almost suggestive of 'if there is a problem, it'll be resolved' - you don't even need something in writing.

Obviously this verbal warranty (let alone any other type of warranty or guarantee) hasn't worked out for you.

I'd guess that the company use or at least review all the Porsche forums so be aware.

The Pistonheads thread may be a good starting place for you. It's never good when someone has a bad experience like this.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:17 pm 

Which car was it out of interest?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:24 pm 

I think they've traded under 3 or 4 company names in the last few years, that and a verbal warranty wouldn't fill me with confidence. Plus they allegedly use multiple user names on forums....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:28 pm 

simkin911 wrote:
Jessi wrote:
Craigybaby wrote:

I think the comment above is a little tongue in cheek. Their 'verbal warranty' was discussed on PCGB - almost suggestive of 'if there is a problem, it'll be resolved' - you don't even need something in writing.

Obviously this verbal warranty (let alone any other type of warranty or guarantee) hasn't worked out for you.

I'd guess that the company use or at least review all the Porsche forums so be aware.

The Pistonheads thread may be a good starting place for you. It's never good when someone has a bad experience like this.

I did get the verbal agreement joke, but I mean it's irrelevant as that's not the issue here, the issue is the guy has disappeared from the face of the earth.
Anything sold trade, we the customer have the right to return if less than 30 days. But normally we pick up the phone and discuss, this is really a police matter now

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:29 pm 

Craigybaby wrote:

Red 944 2.7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:30 pm 

His now re-advertised it, ha ha, this guy needs locking up

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:46 pm 

Jessi wrote:
Craigybaby wrote:

Red 944 2.7

Jessi, if you've bought a lemon I totally get that you're not in the mood for jokes, hope it turns out ok...maybe the fact it's readvertised means he's already sent his transporter down to collect it along with your cash back.....fingers x

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:08 pm 

Sorry for the trouble you're having Jessi. Even though my car is tentatively for sale I'm not fussed if it doesn't sell as I know I could potentially not get another one as good or genuine.

Out of interest what have the police said they'd do? Unless they're selling stolen cars with hooky identities then surely any intervention is through Trading Standards and/or VOSA if the car is not roadworthy.

What are the issues with your car?

Mondeo TitSportX TDCi - 210bhp - current daily
997 C4S - may have to give it back one day :(