Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:21 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: PRISTINE WHEELS ?????????
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:59 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7320
Having just completed a nut and bolt restoration, I had great plans of bringing my pale yellow 1973 911 targa down to Beaulieu on the 6th for the Porsche day.

Giving myself plenty of time I thought I would get the wheels refurbed so they wouldn't let the rest of the car down.

After loads of research I decided on using Pristine in Woburn Sands (Milton Keynes) not only were the reviews ( I saw ) good but they are only five minutes away. So I popped round the Wednesday 20/05/2015 before the bank holiday and after having a very promising consultation, I decided to get them to do the work. They told me due to the bank holiday that they would be ready mid the following week.

So round comes the 6th June hooray Porsche day at Bealieu!!! and I am sure as all of you who went are saying "hang on! I don't remember seeing that car amongst the fabulous array of members Porsches........."

Thats because it wasn't there!!!!!!!

Thanks Pristine!!!!!!!! after various phone calls and lots of excuses including "the guy who does the masking has been on holiday" (surely there is more than one person capable of this)

I get a phone call on the Wednesday 10/06/2015 saying " Your wheels are finished!! BUT, one of them has the coating popping and did I want to collect them"

Now I am not what you would call a stickler, but I am paying them for 4 wheels to be refurbed, not 3 to be refurbed and one to be worse than it went in due to their incompetence. The guy sounded quite shocked when I said to get it done properly, what did he expect? its not like they've had them for 3 weeks already...........

I have just phoned them 15th June @ 3:00pm

"oh sorry I meant to call they won't be ready until Wednesday they have to be stripped" but I thought they were doing that last week... silly me!

I am at my wits end. I am heading over at about 4:15pm to pick them up (in what ever condition they are in) and taking them elsewhere. I will post pics shortly

Please,please please can someone recommend a wheel refurbishers in the MK area that are at least remotely professional???????

Thankyou all for listening and I hope if any of you use them you get treated like you actually matter and that they do a quality job.

Post subject: Re: PRISTINE WHEELS ?????????
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:57 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4190
Lepsons will collect & deliver, for club members free. Generally quick, 3 day turnaround plus their courier time. As a TIPEC members we get 10% discount as well.

http://tipec.net/region_southeastlondon.php

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2005 Porsche Cayenne S Now sold!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Now sold!
2010 Mazda MX5 Mk3.5 2.0 Sport Tech
2000 Porsche Boxster S SOLD!
1987 Porsche 944 2.5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:50 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6661
Skype ID: garyahoward
I can recommend Mint alloys in Silsoe.
I used them for my 944 and they were great.

Good feedback, small family concern but all the current techniques and equipment.

I would recommend them again and again ....

2017 Jaguar XF R Sport
2017 Vauxhall Insignia Elite (Hers)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:42 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
savagewomble wrote:
Having just completed a nut and bolt restoration, I had great plans of bringing my pale yellow 1973 911 targa down to Beaulieu on the 6th for the Porsche day.

Giving myself plenty of time I thought I would get the wheels refurbed so they wouldn't let the rest of the car down.

After loads of research I decided on using Pristine in Woburn Sands (Milton Keynes) not only were the reviews ( I saw ) good but they are only five minutes away. So I popped round the Wednesday 20/05/2015 before the bank holiday and after having a very promising consultation, I decided to get them to do the work. They told me due to the bank holiday that they would be ready mid the following week.

So round comes the 6th June hooray Porsche day at Bealieu!!! and I am sure as all of you who went are saying "hang on! I don't remember seeing that car amongst the fabulous array of members Porsches........."

Thats because it wasn't there!!!!!!!

Thanks Pristine!!!!!!!! after various phone calls and lots of excuses including "the guy who does the masking has been on holiday" (surely there is more than one person capable of this)

I get a phone call on the Wednesday 10/06/2015 saying " Your wheels are finished!! BUT, one of them has the coating popping and did I want to collect them"

Now I am not what you would call a stickler, but I am paying them for 4 wheels to be refurbed, not 3 to be refurbed and one to be worse than it went in due to their incompetence. The guy sounded quite shocked when I said to get it done properly, what did he expect? its not like they've had them for 3 weeks already...........

I have just phoned them 15th June @ 3:00pm

"oh sorry I meant to call they won't be ready until Wednesday they have to be stripped" but I thought they were doing that last week... silly me!

I am at my wits end. I am heading over at about 4:15pm to pick them up (in what ever condition they are in) and taking them elsewhere. I will post pics shortly

Please,please please can someone recommend a wheel refurbishers in the MK area that are at least remotely professional???????

Thankyou all for listening and I hope if any of you use them you get treated like you actually matter and that they do a quality job.

masking is not an easy job. If the powder coat has popped its more than likely due to porosity in YOUR wheels not incompetence.