Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:58 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: OPC Tewkesbury
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:11 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7008
Thought I'd share this with the forum.

Made an appointment a few weeks ago, for belt change & annual service on my 944S2 cab, booked in for today.

When I made the appointment, the woman I spoke to asked me a bit about my car - you know, how long I'd had it, what I used it for etc. She told me that she remembers working for Porsche years ago and seeing these being delivered when new!

The price quoted was £590 including labour & VAT, but I did supply my own oil. Mobil 1 Extended Life 10w60.

She offered me a courtesy car and said that they like to keep them "in brand" or words to that effect. They use a Boxster, a Panamera or at worst, at BMW 520D. I'm now thinking I've got a 2/3 chance of driving a new Porsche for a couple of days. The bad news is that I got the BMW. Never mind.

When I dropped the car off this morning, she greeted me by name, without asking who I was. Not rocket science as I'm sure they noticed me pulling into the car park, but a nice touch, all the same.

When I got home tonight, they had sent me an email, showing a video clip of some issues they had found http://video.citnow.com/vpRx1PzBz_1 and also a price to sort it out. By the way, the oil leaks aren't leaks, but historic spillages.

Will update on what happens when I pick it up and also if there are any issues, but so far, I'm impressed.

Cheers,
Bryan

Post subject: Re: OPC Tewkesbury
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:58 am 

TIPEC membership: 7008
Picked the car up last night. Everything done, on time and car not washed - just as I asked. A couple of minor things that they sorted out at a reasonable cost and a short list of things for me to be aware of e.g. age of tyres, which is already in hand. I also got to speak to the mechanic who worked on the car, so was able to get his opinion on the general condition and his impressions of my car.

I'd recommend them.

Post subject: Re: OPC Tewkesbury
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:48 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7293
Nice to read. As a new owner of an old 944, living in Malvern, I will be visiting these guys when I return to the UK

:)