Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:25 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Paul Baker Metalwork Eastleigh
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:53 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
I've seen mentions of this guy on other classic forums and had him down on my short list of places to visit about the sills on my car anyway, just about to contact him and a thumbs up appeared on the 924/944 thread about him so that saved me a lot of leg work.

Paul is one of those rare people that's a craftsman and a business man, he does both well and put me at ease straight away. Quick chat, showed me around the car they was working on at the time (bare shell of a BMW 3.0CSL) and off I trotted to order up a sill from OPC.

I popped over a couple of times while they had the car to see the progress, he likes you to go in if you have time although they do supply a disc as part of the service and call you with updates and snags.

Metal work completed he called me to discuss paint options, he knows I'm planning on other paint at some point in the future gave me the price he would charge to paint the sill repair area and suggested we just put the car in to another body shop on the same site at 1/4 the price just so it's tidy until I'm ready for the rest of the paintwork.

Pics of my car here

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/944porkpics/library/Sill%20replacement?sort=3&page=1

and a link to Pauls website here

http://www.pbcm.co.uk/

Can't recommend this guy enough, he's a big Porsche fan himself owns one and there was an early 911 rolling shell there when I went to see my car before going in for paint.