Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: GRAYSWOOD CARS, haslemere - PRAISE
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:52 am 

TIPEC membership: 6788
Hello team,

I just wanted to share with you all my experience with Grayswood cars, especially for anyone in the Guildford area looking to buy a used porsche (or any other German marque). I had been hunting for a couple months for a 997. Because of all the horror stories about engine failure etc I was only looking at trade adds so I had an inclusive warranty if the engine did decide to fall out the back. I went to Romans in London (total crooks, aggressive, unfriendly, and the cars need some serious tlc), cridfords (to their new shop, they seemed better, but still something didn't feel right). Then grayswood, at first I was apprehensive as I had driven past it many times and just seemed like a regular used dealership. Then I saw in piston heads they had the perfect porsche for me. So I went down to take a look/test drive. It is just a father and son who own the place, they were both really friendly, and knowledgable. I'm always nervous about used car dealers but I felt I could really trust these guys. I part exchanged they gave me nearly £500 more for my cayman than the lowest of the others had quoted me. They also included a full service using only new porsche parts, and reprainted some of the scuffs the car had developed over the years (it's early 2006). I couldn't recommend these guys more highly, they really tried to accommodate everything I wanted to the best they could. Anyway, I just wanted to share because I want an honest company, with nice people to do well.