Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:07 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Porsche Centre Tonbridge - Thankyou
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:42 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Well I am not normally in the habit of singing anyone's praises, posting on this forum (lurking is more my style) trying to keep my image as curmudgeonly old misanthrope intact etc.

However, I booked my 944 cab into Porsche Tonbridge last Friday (before the bank holiday) to have the belts tightened following their replacement about 2500 miles previously. To be honest I had only called a couple of days before, realising that I had not done this, and I wished to take the car up to yorkshire to a friends shindig, so thought it would be best to get it done prior to a "big" journey. Speaking to James he assured me that it was no problem and I could bring the car in later in the week and they would arrange for a loan car so I could get to work etc. Super stuff.

I arrived at TPC and was duly welcomed, and shown to my loan car, which was a lovely new 2.7 Cayman ( I tried to play it cool, quite excited tbh, don't know if I was sucessful). And off I went to work. James called me later in the day, noting that they had found ( or not found) a missing bolt on the power steering pump, so without this they could not complete the operation. However noting my desire to go away for the weekend, suggested that I take the loan car and pick my car up on Monday, was this ok he asked, I said this was fine and I would see them on Monday ( he could not see me punching the air on the other end of the phone). So I had a cracking weekend, which was much assisted by PCT's sensitivity to my situation.

Returning on Monday, I found my car cleaned and ready for me at 8am sharp. James noted that he would call me with details of the bill, fine. He called me later in the day, and told me the number, I had a somewhat surprised reaction ( it was a bit larger than I had been anticipating), but no matter pay the man etc. I left my service book to be stamped, and when I went to collect it later in the week, James had had another look at the bill and had been able to give me an accommodation. I note that I did not ask for this. So I went away happy, and they will get my business ( such that it is) again.

The thing I take from this experience is that even as a lowly 944 owner, I was made to feel as wanted and welcomed as others who would drop significantly more cash. The service I received was excellent, and having worked in service industries I think it should be recognised. So Thankyou Porsche Tonbridge, and Thankyou James.

That is all, I apologise for my essay, but I thought it as worth saying.

Mike

Post subject: Re: Porsche Centre Tonbridge - Thankyou
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
I had a very similar experience, when I asked them to look at my 996 last Saturday.

I take it yours was the light blue cabby? Nice looking car, I still miss mine 4 years on. It would be good to see you at the Harrow one evening. :)

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:24 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4190
Mike, glad it all went well in the end. Yes I deal with James (Mitchell) a lot & he is very good. It will be good if you can email Aaron who is the service manager to praise James. aaron.thompson@porschetonbridge.co.uk

On another note if you're a TIPEC Member then you get 10% discounts on parts & labour with Tonbridge, the South East London North Kent Group also visit a couple of times a year & get a chance to get our cars up on the ramp & have a good nose around with a Porsche Tech on what is going on. It is a good group anyway, pop along to the October meeting & say hello, where are you in Kent?

http://www.tipec.net/region_southeastlondon.php

Nb there is No SELNK meeting in September as it conflicts with the Porsche show.

http://tipec.net/region_southeastlondon.php

2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2005 Porsche Cayenne S Now sold!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Now sold!
2010 Mazda MX5 Mk3.5 2.0 Sport Tech
2000 Porsche Boxster S SOLD!
1987 Porsche 944 2.5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:35 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Gents, apologies for the slovenly reply.

Sean - yes that's the one, thanks it has been along time coming, it had a bit of damage when you saw it but all sorted. it has been great to

Jim, good call, I have mailed aaron as suggested. I am a Tipec member and it is useful to know that discounts are available (especially as I seem to have an oil leak) October meet sounds good, will try to put in an appearance (as long as my hectic social calender allows etc... )

I hope to see you both in October (or next week as some put it)

Mike