It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:12 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: International Classic Car Show
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
After spending the last two days on the stand at the NEC I have several thank you's and an apology I need to make.

Firstly I would like to thank John Brookes and the Central Region for putting on a fantastic display of beautifully turned out Porsches. The stand looks great and you have done the Club and your Region proud.

The cars are generating a great deal of interest and to the 30 new members who have joined the Club, hello.

I would like to thank Jen, for bringing two parcels of scrummy peanut and chilli brownies. Unfortunately I had to share them, can you email me the recipes please?

It has been smashing to see so many Club Members come and say hello and I apologise that I haven't been able to spend as much time chatting as I would have liked. On a couple of occassions today I have been interupted and pulled away to return to find you have gone, sorry.

Tomorrow is the last day and I'm looking forward to it even though my feet throb and my throat is sore. :P

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:52 pm 

TIPEC membership: 3275
Hi Sean. I didn't get to chat to you yesterday, but I did say hello to other members, such as Paul B, John & Lindsey.

It was a great show and the cars on the T.I.P.E.C. stand looked stunning. Well done all. 8)

I'll upload some pic's into this thread, but it would be nice if we could have an events gallery in the forum some time. :wink:

All the best, Kev.

Check out the paint job on this Karmann Ghia that was on the Meguires stand...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:55 pm 

The photos look fantastic, thanks for posting. It seems much more civilised than Good FoS when we got rained on for 2 of the 3 days. Good venue choice and it's good to hear that you've signed up 30 more members.

993 C2S Zenith Blue
BMW 320i

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:00 pm 

Just to say thanks to all the team who worked hard on the stand over the 3 days.Went today stand looked superb, warm welcome from all, well done i am sure you all need to put feet up and have a well earned cold beer tonight
Thanks again from all of us who visited :D
Geoff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:08 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4753
We had a great time wandering around the seemingly neverending halls full of cars. The TIPEC stand was a welcome rest stop with plenty of comfy chairs. Well done to everyone involved, and thanks for having us—it was great meeting so many folk and putting faces to names.

If anyone has decent-sized photos from the show, please email me some—it might be good to drop the best ones in to All Torque.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:55 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4260
spent a very enjoyable 3 days on the stand, legs a bit tired tonight, a massive thanks is due to john brookes for organising a cracking stand the positioning was excellent, it was nice to meet other members and put names to faces, and to talk to people about porsches without their eyes glazing over (as the wifes do) thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:06 am 

lindsayhbrown wrote:
a massive thanks is due to john brookes for organising a cracking stand the positioning was excellent, it was nice to meet other members and put names to faces, and to talk to people about porsches without their eyes glazing over (as the wifes do) thank you

Totally agree - well done John and thanks to everyone on the team for your company :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:09 am 

TIPEC membership: 4880
Well done to all concerned.

The position of the stand was great, but that wasn't the only reason for its popularity - compared to the vast majority of club stands it was conspicuously well laid-out and welcoming.

Too many clubs had not only the (understandable) knee-height ropes surrounding the cars, but also signs that in some cases were just plain rude ('keep out', 'no entry without permission'). TIPEC bravely (foolhardily?) had none of this discouragement, and hence had lots of appreciative visitors. The club t-shirts and name badges were a good idea too, as on too many stands it was difficult to tell who was an owner and who was just a surly by-stander.

Note to other exhibitors: If you don't want people near your car, that's fine, but plenty of owners managed to come up with polite ways of reminding people to be considerate. Otherwise, it might be better to keep your car at home - particularly if it's (yet) another 80's or 90's saloon pretending to have earned it's place by being a 'future classic'.

The TIPEC comfy sitting area was very much appreciated by my dodgy knee, and despite my initial concern, the chilli (!) and peanut brownies were yummy.

Oh, and it was a shock to hear Sean (who is surely the authority on the matter) pronounce the club name as 'tippek', where my inner voice has thus far said 'tie-pek'. :oops:

Carl

My wife refuses to drive my car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:28 am 

poprock wrote:

If anyone has decent-sized photos from the show, please email me some—it might be good to drop the best ones in to All Torque.

Are you asking for me to send you some photos from the show? I have about 250 or so, (not all of the T.I.P.E.C. stand) so it might be better if I copy them to disc and post them to you if you want?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:44 am 

TIPEC membership: 4753
Yeah, I was trying to make it an open invitation to anyone who was there to send in some pics … but definitely drop some of yours in the post please! You’re welcome to send the whole lot if it’s simplest, but if you want to pick out those you think are best (or most Porsche-related), feel free to do that.

Ta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
Thanks to John Brookes, Rob Bird, Kevin Tocher, Lindsay Brown, Paul Chare, Paul Keeling & Mark Chiltonfor displaying their cars. Also Paul Bird, Barry White, Paul Seagrave, Steve O'hare and Brian Rowledge for manning the stand.

Over the 3 days we signed up 46 members and during Saturday we signed the Club's 5000th member.

It was great to see so many TIPEC members over the weekend. :D

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:10 pm 

TIPEC membership: 928
Zounds like everyone had a good time. Cindy and I are really sorry we couldn't be there.

I am one of those who pronouce the name as "tippek" rather than "tiepek" - the reason? It stand for the INdependent rather than the EYEndependent Porsche Enthusiasts Club! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:12 pm 

poprock wrote:
Yeah, I was trying to make it an open invitation to anyone who was there to send in some pics … but definitely drop some of yours in the post please! You’re welcome to send the whole lot if it’s simplest, but if you want to pick out those you think are best (or most Porsche-related), feel free to do that.

Ta.

No probs, I'll copy them all to disc & you can choose which ones (if any) you want to use. I see the deadline for the next mag is today, so they'll have to be used in the next edition, eh? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:16 pm 

kenwardc wrote:
Zounds like everyone had a good time. Cindy and I are really sorry we couldn't be there.

I am one of those who pronouce the name as "tippek" rather than "tiepek" - the reason? It stand for the INdependent rather than the EYEndependent Porsche Enthusiasts Club! ;)

Oh, let's not get into a conversasion on how to pronounce T.I.P.E.C., it's bad enough with the how to pronounce Porsche argument! :roll:

And does it really matter? :?: :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:44 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4880
Porsche wrote:
it's bad enough with the how to pronounce Porsche argument!

You mean there's a second way?

My wife refuses to drive my car.