Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:06 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 1993 Porsche 928 GTS manual
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:03 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6004
:( Sadly my domestic circumstances have unexpectedly changed and I will not have a garage in which to put this so I'm looking to sell my 1993 Porsche 928 GTS which I purchased in February of this year for £14k. I'll get the bad bit out of the way first, yes this does suffer from the oil consumption problem that GTS's are renowned for, I'd fully intend to take recent advice from members on here and Rennlist and fit a venting system to relieve this but circumstances have overtaken me.
The car itself is pretty much as I bought it and is as follows -
Black with black leather upholstery piped red
137k miles with FSH, mainly OPC to 118k and then independent.
electric sunroof
manual sports seats
5 speed manual transmission
X pipe
There are a set of Porsche factory WSM's to go with the car (not prints off a CD) and a set of standard shocks and springs as it's currently fitted with sports suspension which I believe are Leda.
The rest is standard 928 spec with cruise, headlamp washers etc.
Since owning it I have had the failing factory alarm replaced with a Laserline Thatcham Cat.1 alarm with two remotes, fitted new Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tyres and a JVC stereo with ipod connction and bluetooth for hands free mobile phone, it's also had a reconditioned A/C compressor and new receiver drier fitted and the A/C control panel relay uprated. I have had the car Shark Tuned by John Speake and it doesn't miss a beat, I did have a problem with it cutting out but replacing the CPS resolved this issue and I also fitted a new ABS relay as needed.
I have priced the car in the knowledge that it is due a routine service, cambelt and water pump were replaced at around 120k miles so are fine, and that it would benefit from either a Shark Vent or for the dedicated the pistons being modded to reduce the oil consumption.
Hopefully pictures should be available here - http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj17 ... %20manual/ - most are from just before I bought the car, and it hasn't changed since, with one form Tilford and a couple in my garage as I didn't want to take it out at the time as it was raining.
Price £12 000 ono :(