All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 1984 Porsche 944 LUX - 2.5 NA - tested until July
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:10 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
1984 Porsche 944 LUX
2.5 NA
133k miles
Pastel beige
Brown interior with full cloth sports seats option - dash in exceptional condition, seat bolsters unworn.
16" Fuchs - 7" rears, 6" fronts (original equipment on 911)
Good clean condition, interior in particular is remarkable, everything works as it should
Philips bluetooth head unit fitted
History back to original owner
Recent work (last 48 months) includes; belts, water pump, top hats, head-gasket, valve springs and top end overhaul (a valve spring broke), new rear shock absorbers (fronts not fitted - supplied new OE Sachs pair of struts), both sills repaired and new metal let in, front and rear wing repairs, RH rear pannier repair.

What's bad? Not much really, the repairs have been carried out to original spec' and the main thing I'd pull it up on would be paint. General passing of time / 133k of miles worth of stone chips and some previous paint repairs would make a full repaint not a pressing job, but it'd be extremely worth it.

Imagehttps://flic.kr/p/KPkX8n by Ian Cleary, on Flickr

The picture is how the car looks, an extremely tidy early square dash 944. I'll probably regret letting it go, but since I got the 997 I've not driven it enough and it's time to let someone else enjoy it. All paperwork present and correct, I pulled it out of the garage last July on a whim, shot it up the village for an MOT ticket, straight through and taxed it. Three hours later was at a classic car show. It's a painless classic to own, and when the 997 was in for service last week it fulfilled daily duties and an airport run without a flutter. Great car.

I'm looking for £5,000 and will consider serious offers if someone wants to make a it a quick and painless transaction. The car is based in North Lincolnshire (LN7) and any "I've got two grand this afternoon" or the such nonsense will not be entertained. Bank transfer preferred please, I work from home so can be flexible with viewings.

PM, ian.cleary@gmail.com or 07480 217801 all welcomed.

Thanks!