Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:31 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 1990 944 S2 £4500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:12 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
1990 944 S2

I've not used this car enough and off travelling late January so it's time to pass it on to someone that has the time to use and enjoy it. This is a warts and all description I don't have much patience when it comes to selling cars so I won't waste your time with the usual "it's mint mate" description just to get interest, if anything the description puts the car puts down instead of talking it up.

The bits I've nibbled away at in the last few years, always been garaged since 2013 too.

2013:
Battery, Cam cover gasket, spark plugs, rotor arm, distributor cap, ht leads, belts, water pump, rollers, air filter, oil filter, pas belt, boot lock rubber, Dansk back box, gear linkage front and rear, front camber mounts.

2014:
Hatch lock pins and mounts, o/s hatch lock, earth strap, vacuum lines, n/s sill, rear view mirror, n/s central locking rod, battery isolator.

2015:
Front roll bar supports, front roll bar bushes, pas pump, pas adjuster rod, starter motor loom, voltage regulator, wiper blades, oil filter.

2016:
Fuel lines from in tank filter to fuel rail.

Now the warts

Mechanically stop starts and drives well, bit of a grumble from the transaxle and or rear wheel bearings, has a bit of an oil leak from the front main seal I intended to do this at the next belt change which would be due June 2017. Rear brake dust shields rattle and need chucking off. The clutch master cylinder has recently started to show a few spots of oil on the carpet so that will need attention soon.

Interior, linen leather is presentable no major wear to the seats. A few electrical gremlins clock doesn't work, fuel gauge can be erratic tap the display it corrects itself so its dash end not the sender, heater fan only works on fast, sunroof works but could do with a new microswitch, sun visors are a bit floppy and drop down at times.

Bodywork: I had the n/s sill replaced (oem part) and n/s front wing bottom repaired in 2013. The rest of the bodywork is presentable for a 26 year old car, but.......... warts time (see photos) ideally it needs paint, badge panel has a scab, bonnet has some crazing, roof has been painted badly in the past, o/s sill has been repaired at some point in it's life for an MOT, some rust o/s rear lower arch behind the rear wheels still solid there though, bit of rust around one hatch lock. Front screen has a bit of de-lamination lower right corner.

I took off the wheel arch liners and engine undertray to clean them up while having the fuel lines replaced, not had time to clean and refit those..

If that lot hasn't put you off you'll find it's a good useable classic that deserves to be used and improved as you go along.

HPI Clear
Mot Sept 2017
165k miles

I want £4500 for the car, this is the price I want for it, it's not a negiotiable starting point to fault find and beat me down on price faults/rust/bugs are listed and photgraphed here, if it doesn't sell by mid January I'll lock it away for a few years while I go on my travels.

I'm at home on Wednesdays and Sundays only for viewing based Gosport nr Portsmouth.

Linen leather fronts

I have the orginal steering wheel will get that changed over this weekend.

O/S Sill been repaired in the past

N/S Sill OEM replacement

Engine bay

BAD BITS.................

Scab on badge panel

Rear wheel arch (still solid needs cleaning up and protecting)

Rust around hatch lock

Post subject: Re: 1990 944 S2 £4500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:37 pm 

I've always thought that was one of the nicest colours on a 944.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:49 pm 

Looks lovely - PM sent!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:41 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7764
Good luck with the sale.
I love the 944 shape!

944 1983 White 70k My first Porsche. Finally found the one for me :-)
MX-5 1993 Mariner blue - MEV project.
Octavia RS 2004 modified and running at c.240bhp.
Peugeot 807 2005 "The bus" Family car.