Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:01 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Porsche 944S 1987 - SOLD
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:42 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
I'm quite loathe to advertise my 944 but I have a car itch to scratch and for that to be funded this one will sdaly have to go.

Mileage indicated is 157k, however its hard to believe it has done that, in terms of cosmetically or mechanically.

I have 2 keys, 2 remote fobs and have a 2" thick folder of history, going back 13 years. It did not bother me that there was nothing before that as to me it is irrelevant whether it had an oil change back in 1989 or not.

The owner before me bar one, seemed to have spent a small fortune during his ownership, mainly at http://www.parr-uk.co.uk/ The engine appears to have been near enough fully rebuilt just under 30k miles ago. Receipts are there for new head, cams, cam tensioners etc etc etc. The invoices are eye-watering! He seemed to take the car in for even the simplest things like new wipers. The clutch was also replaced for a Sachs one, so it doesn't have the rubber centered type that will rot and vibrate.

Brake discs/pads front and rear are all in excellent condition. The car does stop nicely

Since I bought it I have kept all the receipts. The most expensive being the belts, rollers and tensioners which was done at http://www.precisionporsche.co.uk/ in May 2015, about 3k ago if that. They really like the car and the owner said how good it was.

I have renewed all the suspension with Koni adjustable shocks at a cost of £550 plus renewed the anti-roll bar bushes. It handles great but is perfectly usable as a daily driver. It does not bump, rattle or knock over any road surface.

Other work includes complete ignition system replacement - Beru leads/Bosch cap and rotor/Bosch coil, coolant flush and change, regular oil changes and one rear wheel bearing replaced. I also replaced the brake fluid and gearbox oil.

The only other 'non-standard' purchases were firstly for a brand new Momo steering wheel. There was nothing wrong with the original which I still have, other than it was a little thin for my left hand which I damaged in a motorbike accident a few years ago. The Momo wheel doesn't look out of place though. I also fitted a short shift kit to the gearbox which really tightened up the gear change, which is now precise and solid.

Inside is amazing, literally not a mark on the seats or dash. Hard to believe it is 29yrs old. The sunroof works, the clock works, electric windows work, remote locking works, electric mirrors work. The cabin is a real pleasure to be in.

Cosmetically it is in excellent order. It has not been tarted up for sale but it is truly excellent for a 29yr old car. If I were being fussy I would get the front bumper and lower valance repainted, just to get rid of the stonechips. There are very few other marks to mention.

In summary this is a very well sorted 944, with superb interior, great body and all the major work done. I would quite happily drive it to the other end of the country I am that confident in its reliability.

It has an MOT till 17th March 2017.

Price is a tricky one and 944 prices are all over the place. Howevering considering the condition, how well it drives and that all the major spends have been done I am asking £5700 ono. If anyone thinks this is wildy off the mark then do say. Its not concourse but its not up for concourse money, just a well sorted 944.

Pics here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskEGNGhx

Mondeo TitSportX TDCi - 210bhp - current daily
997 C4S - may have to give it back one day :(

Last edited by pilch on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Porsche 944S 1987
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:06 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
Car now sold

Mondeo TitSportX TDCi - 210bhp - current daily
997 C4S - may have to give it back one day :(