Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:06 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Toyota IQ for sale *price reduced*
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:49 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4753
A bit of a sad story, this. My Stepdad died recently and so my Mum now has a surplus of cars. He was a proper petrolhead – a mechanic all his life, a huge Toyota fan, and he used to run the UK Toyota owners club. My Mum is keeping his MR2 Roadster and selling her IQ.

Thought I’d post it here in case anyone is in the market for a really fantastic small runabout. The car’s in Hull, at my Mum’s, but could be sold from Glasgow if wanted – I can drive it up here.

This model seems to currently go for around £4,000 to £4,500 – but there aren’t any on the market with such low milage to compare to, really.

I’m no expert on these, but I do know that it’s probably the best condition second-hand IQ you’re ever likely to see. My Mum is the only owner, from new. It’s been looked after and detailed thoroughly for its whole life. Full service history, full MOT history. 2009 model IQ 2 3D. One litre motor. Less than 17,000 miles on the clock. The last thing my Stepdad did to it was replace the front brakes and discs before this year’s MOT.

It has one tiny crease in the front bumper, and is otherwise pretty much as-new. I can vouch for it being a lovely wee thing to drive (I had a go last week). Basically, it’s a hundred times better than a Smart Car in every measurable way. Perfect shopping runabout, or car for a new driver. Could sell with or without the ‘666’ private plate.

Anyone interested? I’d rather see it go to somebody who’ll use it than have my Mum sell it to her local Toyota dealer.

Last edited by poprock on Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Toyota IQ for sale
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:16 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4753
My Mum’s decided that she’s too stressed by the idea of a private sale and wants to sell to one of those ‘we buy anything’ companies instead.

If anybody wants to offer £3,500 today/tomorrow to beat their low offer, I’d take it. Either a great bargain, or opportunity to buy and sell for a profit. Remember the car is in Hull.