Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:53 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: renault clio sport 182 track car caged £1300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:05 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
sorry if this is unsuitable for this forum, i just thought it may be of interest to someone on here.

i bought this clio as a fun little daily runaround a while back, used it for a bit, then decided to make it into a cheap track day toy. i have now not got the time to pursue it. so available for someone else to continue with.

its an 04 clio 182 in silver. 128k miles. no history, just some bills and mots. has current mot until april 2016.

invoice for new alternator and tensioner in jan 15 at £500, also has new nexen tyres on front, and has had new rear discs and bearings.

it has miltek decat pipe and miltek cat back ss exhaust. as well as carbon induction kit which i think is ktec. apex 60mm lowering springs.

i have also fitted a 6 point weld in cage. rear x diagonal. harness bar, single door bars, a pillar gussets, and brackets from main hoop to belt fixing points in b pillar. this would be around £1300 alone usually.

interior is completely stripped out. i have 2 standard front seats and the front doorcards. then the dash and thats it. all the sound matting has also been removed from floors. but needs going over with thinners to clean up the remnants of glue.

all you need really is a bucket seat and harness and its ready for track.

ideally it wants a cambelt and dephaser pulley soon as i have no proof of it being done, and dephaser gets a little noisy when hot. but does not effect the running or performance of car at all. the car drives very well, pulls hard and sounds good. the handling of these cars is very good and they are a lot of fun for no money.

there is a dent in the bonnet, if it bothers you then you can find a breaker bonnet of any mk2 clio for nothing.

i only want £1300 for the car as it stands. bear in mind thats the cost of the cage alone. the miltek exhaust is worth 2-300, and the induction and springs another 150 too. plus its still got current mot, is hpi clear, and has no rust etc as well as being great fun to drive and pretty quick when you get it on the boil.

i dont think there is a cheaper way to track fun with 182bhp and approx 1 tonne in weight

£1300

Post subject: Re: renault clio sport 182 track car caged £1300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:56 am 

You are not wrong about the track part. For the money they are very hard to beat on track. Even mine with 3mm Contis around a Wet Cadwell was a right hoot on stock suspension, surprisngly showing up material I did not expect it to! With the exception of some engine stuff they are quite a cheap car to run for the performance too.

Have yourself a bump for a cheap track toy.

Ex Owner of a 1989 944 S2 and a 1991 944 Turbo (Ex Andrew Sweetenaham (ProMax) car)

Now Porkerless! Now with a 2003 BMW M3 and 1991 Mercedes W124 250D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:09 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
Now sold!

Yes they will surprise a few things! A well driven Clio on the right track can be hard to beat!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:08 pm 

I am not surprised. They did go to £1-1.5k for a while but it seems they are slowly rising, albeit not by much and probably not for a while.

Ex Owner of a 1989 944 S2 and a 1991 944 Turbo (Ex Andrew Sweetenaham (ProMax) car)

Now Porkerless! Now with a 2003 BMW M3 and 1991 Mercedes W124 250D