Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:59 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Nice early 924 2.0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:23 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
I'm going to have to move on one of my cars sadly, I'm just not getting a chance to work on all of them and something needs to give, plus lifes got expensive lately as Sarahs gone for a total career change and is in teacher training.

So my nice 924 2.0 a car I initially bought to satisfy a craving for a 2.0 again and the purity they offer then ended up totally falling for and planned to keep for good needs to go.

It's a 1979/1980 the first of the second generation of 924s with fuel flaps, 3 spoke steering wheels and 5 speed boxes.

White, with what I believe to be factory fitted black leather, of course the rear seats are still vinyl as they were. It's really unusual to find a 2.0 with leather. The options list seems to have been well ticked, it's a lux with the usual refinements including sunroof but also has the turbo style sill covers.

It drives spot on, it really is a great car, stainless exhaust (not noisy), Koni suspension (not over stiff, just handles nicely and compliant).

2 sets of keys, same key for all the locks, book pack, spare wheel and tool kit.

Comes with a few spares, including a second spare wheel with matching tyre (so 6 wheels/tyres all together).

This really is a nice car, I'll be putting a fresh MOT on it, I've let it lapse while I've been doing a few little bits of paint that were letting it down, as soon as these are finished and the MOT is on the car will be up for sale, but by all means come and see it now.

I really don't know what to ask for the car it's not a concourse car by any means but it's a straight honest 924 with great spec, nice colour, good interior colour (and that leather!) and it drives well and is in pretty decent overall condition.

Is £2250 unreasonable? I must admit I reckon long term they will be worth good money, and this one should be a good investment, I've had quite a few 924s and this is probably the nicest I've had, I'd have liked to ask a little more but I do need a fairly quick sale.

MGCGT University motors special
MGB LE run out Californian import
1966 MGBGT 3 synchro
1976 Midget Oselli engine.

Post subject: Re: Nice early 924 2.0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:03 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7008
Mileage and pictures needed mate.

Post subject: Re: Nice early 924 2.0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:08 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
I shall sort them this week, from memory it's quite low mileage I seem to recall sub 100k

MGCGT University motors special
MGB LE run out Californian import
1966 MGBGT 3 synchro
1976 Midget Oselli engine.