All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SOLD. 944 Lux 2.5 Manual 1983 £1500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:58 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
For Sale
Porsche 944 Lux Manual
MOT until March 2016
122,000 miles

I brought this car in May with the sole purpose of driving it to the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart and back. I’ve done this trip now (it was really really excellent along with my 924 buddy) so it is time to move it on.

This is not an expensive 944 so it is not in great condition. The interior is ok but the seats have tears along the seams. The passenger electric window works, not so much the driver side. It needs a new regulator (the motor is fine). I also have a new Porsche door membrane for when the regulator is changed. All the lights work front and rear. No problem with the pop up lights. Air con was fitted but the rad has been removed and its redundant. No sunroof so no leaks. Drivers side electric mirror works, but not the passenger side. Very little cracking of the dash.

The engine pulls strongly and the gear box is amazingly smooth and precise. I have fitted a Dansk exhaust. The car is dripping oil when running. I believe this is from the oil cooler gasket. The radiator fan can be temperamental. The fan is fine but sometimes the thermostat doesn’t start the fan. When it works it’s fine on both speeds. When it decides not to run I just jumper the thermostat and it runs fine. I have fixed the leaking battery tray.

The exterior of the car is good and bad. The good is that as far as I can tell it is sound. The bad is that the paint work has seen much better days. There are areas where someone has tried to repaint (badly) and areas of peeling lacquer. However, its actually quite a nice aged look! When I brought the car it was on replica Boxster wheels. I have brought the cookie cutters with some nice tyres. The ride is fantastic. The boot seal has been replaced but as its a bit plumper than the old seal one of the rear hatch pins is not quite up to the job. Boot stays shut but a bump will occasionally pop one side. New pins would sort it out. I have a set of front disks and pads, fuel filter, steering rod gaiter and fuses etc that will come with the car.

So, hopefully an honest description. The drive to Stuttgart was fantastic and the car has been photographed parked on the forecourt of the museum. There is some work left to do on the car but as you’ll have read you can do very little and have a great car or you could go further and have a fantastic car.

I’m looking for £1500, which I think is fair for a running 944 with an MOT. I have the car advertised elsewhere. Drop me a PM if you have any questions and/or want to come and view. I’m using the car everyday at present, not that the increasing mileage is an issue!

Oh, and the number plate is included.

Image, on Flickr

Image, on Flickr

Image, on Flickr

Image, on Flickr

Image, on Flickr

Image, on Flickr

Image, on Flickr

Image, on Flickr

Image, on Flickr

ImageOut the front of the Porsche Museum - proud as punch I was!

996T
964 (sold)

Last edited by lofi on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: FS 944 Lux 2.5 Manual 1983 £1500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:30 pm 

Open to offers of course, should have said.

996T
964 (sold)

Post subject: Re: FS 944 Lux 2.5 Manual 1983 £1500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:25 pm 

Just thought I'd cheekily bump my own thread by saying this is the cheapest 944 with an MOT you will find. It's not perfect but needs a new home. Remember, two Porsches are better than one, one is better than none at all.

996T
964 (sold)