Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:20 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Gauging Interest: Immaculate white 944 8v (1985 oval dash)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:46 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
I am testing the waters for this stunning 944. It has to be one of the lowest mileage cars around with just over 78,000 miles on the clock. All mileage is verified with services from reputable dealers. A collector who has been looking for one for a while will be all over it for sure!

Underneath the car is in excellent with a bone dry gearbox, and literally just flew through the MOT last weekend. All the jack points are excellent etc.

Unlike most out there, all the electrics work perfectly fine. Heated screen, side mirrors, even the clock is perfect (replaced myself a few months back). All the gauges work fine except on the odd occasion the speedo has a tiny delay from 1st gear. Other than that, the car is absolutely immaculate including the interior which is all original. The steering wheel is almost perfect!

The entire car is stock except for some subtle sideskirts to widen the stance, and the wheels have been painted black with a silver lip as it goes very nicely with the white body. It even has the expensive Clarion system which I've been told cost a fortune in the day! The radio and tapes work perfectly and the sound quality through the equalizer is superb! It also has some genuine alloy crest centre caps which I just added (very pricey!)

If the side skirts aren't to your taste, I would be happy to remove them and return to stock as part of the deal to a fellow TIPEC member :)

There is a large collection of receipts in a folder and I am available most days. I have access to a ramp which I would be more than happy to allow access under the car with an inspection lamp and a cuppa. In fact, I encourage it to see the true condition of this car. :)

Price: £7,500 ono.

p.s. Please ignore sideskirt decals on the older photos, they just catch the light nicely to show the panels condition. The decals have now been removed and the rear 944 badge has been replaced as per the first few photos.

Last edited by mr2nut123 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Gauging Interest: Immaculate white 944 8v (1985 oval da
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:17 pm 

To further add to the post, here's a few other notable bits:

26-09-12: Water pump and gaskets. Tensionor roller. Balance shaft gear. Timing belt. Balance shaft belt. Tensioning roller. Smooth roller. Coolant flush and replace. (All carried out at Performance Porsche in Halifax).
15-10-13: Fitted new front bonnet struts and new sender unit for petrol tank.
26-10-13 @ 76,218 miles: New discs and pads fitted. Cleaned hubs and re-greased. Calipers rebuilt and new master cylinder.
04-11-13: Dinitrol wax oil under car and new air filter.
13-11-13: Fitted new alternator belt and power steering drive belt.
03-12-13: Replaced rear hatch latches and puns and re-adjusted.
01-02-14: New front badge and headlight washer jets.
29-08-14 @ 76,620 miles: New battery fitted & new clutch fitted.

There are plenty more items on the list such as smaller detailing bits, but I just wanted to list the major bits here, including the all important clutch job and new discs and pads less than 2000 miles ago!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:22 am 

Hi :)

The outside of the car looks immaculate, but the engine and engine bay, REALLY needs cleaning or detailing....

This is not a criticism but as an ex race mechanic , I always look at the state of the engine bay first to get a first impression of a car..... IF i was considering a 944 (I am not) I would walk away from yours because of the engine bay....I realise you have had everything done on the engine but it just does NOT look like it :(

Helpful advice only :)

All the best Brett :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:41 am 

Brett928S2 wrote:

The outside of the car looks immaculate, but the engine and engine bay, REALLY needs cleaning or detailing....

This is not a criticism but as an ex race mechanic , I always look at the state of the engine bay first to get a first impression of a car..... IF i was considering a 944 (I am not) I would walk away from yours because of the engine bay....I realise you have had everything done on the engine but it just does NOT look like it :(

Cheers for the heads up Brett. No offense taken! An easy job to do one evening I guess :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:31 am 

mr2nut123 wrote:
Brett928S2 wrote:

Cheers for the heads up Brett. No offense taken! An easy job to do one evening I guess :)

Yup, a couple of hours to do max.... also...lol... is that front number plate a little "offset" shall we say :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:22 am 

Brett928S2 wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:
Brett928S2 wrote:

Yup, a couple of hours to do max.... also...lol... is that front number plate a little "offset" shall we say :)

For sure! Oh wow, we do have ourselves a nice case of OCD here don't we :lol:

P.s. Yes the plate behind has a 3.78 degree bend in it due to a larger nut.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:03 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7008
Brett928S2 wrote:

Can't say I agree with Brett. I want to see an engine bay at its worst, so that I can see any where any leaks have run etc. It also gives an indication how long things have been left since last renewed (if ever), by the amount of crud and dirt. If it's spotlessly clean, I would wonder what's being hidden.

Just my 2p worth.

Cheers,
Bryan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:30 pm 

briggy wrote:
Brett928S2 wrote:

Can't say I agree with Brett. I want to see an engine bay at its worst, so that I can see any where any leaks have run etc. It also gives an indication how long things have been left since last renewed (if ever), by the amount of crud and dirt. If it's spotlessly clean, I would wonder what's being hidden.

Just my 2p worth.

Cheers,
Bryan

I must admit that's my personal opinion too, hence why I didn't acid the covers and get the duster out. I left it as is, because it's already 'naturally' clean.

Anyway, I guess we all have our ways. Back to topic. There has to be a collector out there who has been after such a clean example who this would suit? I am willing to budge on price a little but certainly not in any rush to sell.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:07 pm 

I have a few more photos of the interior with a better quality camera to show the condition. Camera phones aren't quite there yet :wink:

I'd be willing to take £7000 for a faster sale to a TIPEC member. Anyone looking for a true 944 in almost factory condition, drop me a line :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:41 pm 

TIPEC membership: 7458
Brett928S2 wrote:

Eeeerm - you'll not be looking under my hood then lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:39 pm 

briggy wrote:

Just my 2p worth.

Cheers,
Bryan

Got to agree with you there. There's nothing worse than a detailed engine bay when you go to buy a car. It always makes me think something is being hidden or that some daft sod has jet washed the engine bay :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:57 pm 

Now that we're all friends and agree on one thing, anyone interested or have any tips? Lol. I've found a car which I quite like so would be willing to let someone have a bit of a bargain for a quicker sale within reason. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:41 pm 

Now that it's getting close to spring, I thought I'd give the thread a bit of a bump before advertising in a few other places.