Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:35 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 944 S2 3.0 16v. with only 96K. Black with linen interior
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:10 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
hello

I bought this car with the intention of keeping forever. Well, best laid plans etc etc. I am getting married and need some funds and it's either the 924 turbo or this thats got to go.

So, story so far. I bought the car from a trader friend (camper van trader) it was his daily ride until 2 years ago. He said that he serviced it (belts etc) and when he put it back together it didn't have any oil pressure. He bought a oil pump thinking it was that. Well, thats how i bought the car as a non runner.
i swapped the oil pump and it instantly had good oil pressure. What i think had happened was he dropped the oil for the service and left it a while. the pumps on these things do not self prime. ( had exactly same issue on my 924 turbo when i rebuilt the engine).

So, Monday this week, i put a battery on it and fired it up, runs great. It's going for it's MOT today (wednesday 24th june).

I am going to sell it as it is. It has been under a cover for 2 years prior to me buying it and it needs a good polish. Paint work is not the best, it has some rust at the base of the passenger front wing and on the front edge of the drivers rear wing. The whole car will need a really good polish, it has evidence of the cover showing on the roof. The interior is a bit grubby but i'm sure it will valet up nicely. Drivers seat has usual bolster wear. Its all cream in colour (not ideal as a mechanics car.)
Currently there are a few things not working. 1 - sunroof does nothing, 2 - the volt meter on dash doesn't show a reading but it charges fine, 3 stereo doesn't work. This is only what i have seen in the couple of days i have had it running. Maybe i will get these sorted out.

one last thing, it has ridiculous 17" wheels on it that catch the rear arches going over bumps in the road. Not my cup of tea at all.I have a set of 16" boxster alloys i can throw in.

The car has no history at all, nothing. My buddy can not find any of it. I have the log book and the last MOT certificate.
DVLA history check will confirm mileage at 96k.

i have seen these with double this mileage for £5k. This is the best colour combo in my opinion too.

So as it stands with 12 months MOT as from this week i would want £5000 i know with a bit of love and tidying up it will be worth more than that.

please email for pictures, it's telling me to resize them to upload..... grrrrr

please give me a call 07837664009
Paul

i have added pictures to the listing on the 924 owners forum (easier to upload on that site)
https://porsche924.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 92&t=22582

www.wooliesworkshop.com
New & Used Porsche spares.