Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:23 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 1992 Porsche 944 S2 £3250ono Fife may swap/Part ex
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:33 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Up for sale here is my 1992 Porsche 944S2. It's in a rare dark blue with grey leather interior-I personally love this colour scheme and chose it over the usual red/white cars that you normally see.

It's MOT'd til March-I have it taxed and insured at the moment and it gets regular use. It can be supplied with a full years MOT on negotiation.

Most importantly, the sills are solid.

It's done 176k with a mass of history with it. In my time with it (just over a year) it's had front pads(Pagid), oil and filter, a support brace for the front anti roll bar to stiffen things up, 2 tyres (P Zero), gearbox oil change, plugs, distributor cap and other things I've no doubt forgot.

The timing belt was last done 4 years and 20000 miles ago with genuine Porsche parts-receipts are there for this According to Autodata the interval is 48000 miles so she's good for a while yet.

The worst part of the car is the paintwork. It's had a respray in the last few years in the original colour but the quality wasn't great and it has some rust starting to show.
I've tried to show the worst parts of the bodywork-these are bubbles round the front wing with some rust at the base, also the rear arches have some bubbles.
A good polish would bring the rest of the car up a lot better.

Interior is good apart from the trim at the side underneath the dash-it's there but not fixed on. The bonnet release works but the bit that mounts it to the dash was broken hence it hangs loose. Seats are good, it cleans up well inside. Sunroof has no leaks and works.
Fundamnetally it's solid-the sills are good and it has history of timing belt changes etc. Mechanically it's standard apart from Koni shocks on the front and the ARB stiffener-it handles very well. Oil pressure is spot on and it has used no coolant in my time with it. The engine is till in very good health and it is tight-don't let the mileage put you off.

I'm only selling it on as I fancy a change-I may be interested in a deal with a classic, kit car, TVR etc so WHY?

Contact me via PM on here or call me on 0779 zero eight 269 Four two

Last edited by dome on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 1992 Porsche 944 S2 £3250ono Fife may swap/Part ex
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:48 pm 

Here you go - I think you copied the wrong links - I couldn't see the pictures in your post anyway:

Looks like a nice example and very keenly priced - good luck with your sale :)

Post subject: Re: 1992 Porsche 944 S2 £3250ono Fife may swap/Part ex
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:29 pm 

Thankyou Hallsy, I've fixed the links now!