Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:20 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Porsche 924 Series 2 turbo.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:44 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Image[/img]

[img][IMG]http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad8/willbo1964/0f802e4208ee30831a5b8d267c7ce306_zpscdc69ab6.jpg[/img][/img]

I'm selling my 924 turbo to make way for my 944 project.

The car was last MOTed in September 2006 (mileage 27869) by the previous owner just to remove a cherished reg number. Previous to that it was MOTed in December 2005 (mileage 27870)

The current mileage is still 27870 as the car has spent the last 8/9 years in storage, the last 4 being in dry storage.

I have the V5 document in my name which is the only paperwork with the car. It was first registered 09-06-1981

The outside of the car us very good indeed with very little rust anywhere on the bodywork. Underneath there is surface rust on most of the brackets etc due to it sitting. The wheel arches are very good indeed as are the standard 15inch Alloys, tyres not so good! The brown paint work is very faded from sitting. The windscreen is starting to delaminate at the top n/s.

The inside of the car is also in good order with Porsche over mats and original steering wheel. It benefits from black leather seats but the drivers seat is worn. The dash has the usual cracks but everything else appears to be working.
In the back the boot carpet is in great condition as is the retractable luggage cover which operates without fault. The jack, wheel brace and spare wheel are all there. The boot floor is in very good condition and the original stickers are present.
The car also benefits from having a sunroof which lifts out without a problem and is very solid.

So after certainly 4 years all we had to do was put some fresh fuel in and reconnect the battery and the old car just fired into life. No problem. The engine runs fine and the gearbox is fine, the heater works as do all the lights. Some of the rubber seals and hoses are perished from sitting which is to be expected from a car that has stood as long as this one.

But really the car has amazed me just how good it is, and is now ready for the next owner to restore/recommission it.

I will be very sorry to see the Old Ninehundredandtwentyfour go :~(( But hope that it will get the restoration it deserves.

Value? How much is it worth? Never easy. I recon £1,650. I'm open to sensible offers but not insults.

I'm located near Carlisle and your welcome to come and view the car.

If you need more info please email me at; william-themoat@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers William

P.S not sure if all the pictures came out

[img][IMG]http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad8/willbo1964/0a65c238a2031e49105bf3b17acd8e38_zpsca8816cf.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][IMG]http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad8/willbo1964/fb1206ec136bed8d4387074311cfaaba_zpsdcc30ee5.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][IMG]http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad8/willbo1964/7f52857604edab34a3032153fb4b2fbd_zps3692e658.jpg[/img][/img]

Post subject: Re: Porsche 924 Series 2 turbo.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:07 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6708
Sorted for you :D

I'm selling my 924 turbo to make way for my 944 project.

The car was last MOTed in September 2006 (mileage 27869) by the previous owner just to remove a cherished reg number. Previous to that it was MOTed in December 2005 (mileage 27870)

The current mileage is still 27870 as the car has spent the last 8/9 years in storage, the last 4 being in dry storage.

I have the V5 document in my name which is the only paperwork with the car. It was first registered 09-06-1981

The outside of the car us very good indeed with very little rust anywhere on the bodywork. Underneath there is surface rust on most of the brackets etc due to it sitting. The wheel arches are very good indeed as are the standard 15inch Alloys, tyres not so good! The brown paint work is very faded from sitting. The windscreen is starting to delaminate at the top n/s.

The inside of the car is also in good order with Porsche over mats and original steering wheel. It benefits from black leather seats but the drivers seat is worn. The dash has the usual cracks but everything else appears to be working.
In the back the boot carpet is in great condition as is the retractable luggage cover which operates without fault. The jack, wheel brace and spare wheel are all there. The boot floor is in very good condition and the original stickers are present.
The car also benefits from having a sunroof which lifts out without a problem and is very solid.

So after certainly 4 years all we had to do was put some fresh fuel in and reconnect the battery and the old car just fired into life. No problem. The engine runs fine and the gearbox is fine, the heater works as do all the lights. Some of the rubber seals and hoses are perished from sitting which is to be expected from a car that has stood as long as this one.

But really the car has amazed me just how good it is, and is now ready for the next owner to restore/recommission it.

I will be very sorry to see the Old Ninehundredandtwentyfour go :~(( But hope that it will get the restoration it deserves.

Value? How much is it worth? Never easy. I recon £1,650. I'm open to sensible offers but not insults.

I'm located near Carlisle and your welcome to come and view the car.

If you need more info please email me at; william-themoat@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers William

P.S not sure if all the pictures came out

04 986 Boxster 2.7 - Seal Grey

http://www.944silverrose.co.uk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:18 pm 

Cheers pal.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:22 pm 

More pics

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
Those seats look like they have seen much more action than 28,000 miles.

I would think that the clock has been round at least once already and 128,000 us more likely the correct mileage.

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:22 am 

You might be right Sean, but the rest of the car dosnt give that impression. The private reg number that was on the car was EPO 1W. Just wondered if anyone on here knows that number?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:13 pm 

Some more pictures taken today after a bit of a clean. I've taken a load of the underside which I will post.
It's a solid car.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:49 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6379
Sean Smallman wrote:
Those seats look like they have seen much more action than 28,000 miles.

I would think that the clock has been round at least once already and 128,000 us more likely the correct mileage.

The brake and clutch pedal rubbers are as equally as worn as the seats. Any paperwork to corroborate the claimed 28,000 miles and not a minimum of 128,000?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:14 pm 

Looks like a decent project for someone. Can't see an issue with the mileage. Unless there is comprehensive and irrefutable paperwork confirming the mileage, then my default position would always be to assume at least once, if not twice round the clock. GLWLS.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:03 pm 

It's a good solid car. Ideal for someone to restore. I have no paperwork to back up the mileage.
If anyone is interested in it your very welcome to come and look.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:13 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4952
Skype ID: JW590
It always amuses me when advertisers / traders put 'I'm selling my......', when it clearly isn't theirs. By this I mean it's been bought to sell - why else would one need trade plates to move 'my car' around....

The mileage doesn't matter, but like Simkin911 says it could be twice round the clock (there are a few of us on here with 200,000 mile plus cars and it really isn't a problem), neither does the lack of any paperwork if the car's cheap enough - anybody buying it will surely know that they have to spend a lot on it to get it back on the road. Having spent so long in storage it will probably require all new tyres / belts / lubricants / fluids / brakes etc etc.

I'd consider having a go at it as I think it's a nice looking car and has plenty of potential for the person with the space and time to sort it out.

1991 944S2, 222000 miles.
2007 Audi A4 Avant Tdi 140 S-Line
2014 Mercedes SLK 250 AMG
1995 Triumph TR6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:26 am 

JW590 wrote:
It always amuses me when advertisers / traders put 'I'm selling my......', when it clearly isn't theirs. By this I mean it's been bought to sell - why else would one need trade plates to move 'my car' around....

The mileage doesn't matter, but like Simkin911 says it could be twice round the clock (there are a few of us on here with 200,000 mile plus cars and it really isn't a problem), neither does the lack of any paperwork if the car's cheap enough - anybody buying it will surely know that they have to spend a lot on it to get it back on the road. Having spent so long in storage it will probably require all new tyres / belts / lubricants / fluids / brakes etc etc.

I'd consider having a go at it as I think it's a nice looking car and has plenty of potential for the person with the space and time to sort it out.

It also amuses me how people just assume things. Why would you need trade plates? To move a vehicles that have no tax.......
I'm not a trader it's my own car. The plates belong to my Trucking business.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:04 am 

TIPEC membership: 4952
Skype ID: JW590
Maybe when it has no tax, but it does have to have an MOT or be being driven to a booked MOT test. However, if it's your own car and the plates belong to your trucking business you are breaking the law by using them to move the car.

From the government website - 'Trade licences must be used only for the particular business purposes for which they were issued'. If it's your car then it's not to do do with your business.

Also, from the same website - 'There is no automatic exemption from MoT testing for vehicles used under a trade licence. A vehicle used under a trade licence is only exempt from the MoT testing requirement when being driven during the course of, or on completion of repairs, or when being driven to and from a pre-booked MoT test. A vehicle that has failed the test and has no current MoT in place must be towed to the place of breaking'. This means you were wrong to drive the car on the public highway.

And the bit you don't want to know - 'There is a maximum fine of £1,000 or five times the rate of duty chargeable in respect of the vehicle or vehicles, whichever is the greater, for:
• using a trade licence for a purpose not permitted by the regulations'. See above, or go to the government website to read it yourself - it's only 2 pages.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 030414.pdf

1991 944S2, 222000 miles.
2007 Audi A4 Avant Tdi 140 S-Line
2014 Mercedes SLK 250 AMG
1995 Triumph TR6

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:10 am 

JW590 wrote:
Maybe when it has no tax, but it does have to have an MOT or be being driven to a booked MOT test. However, if it's your own car and the plates belong to your trucking business you are breaking the law by using them to move the car.

From the government website - 'Trade licences must be used only for the particular business purposes for which they were issued'. If it's your car then it's not to do do with your business.

Also, from the same website - 'There is no automatic exemption from MoT testing for vehicles used under a trade licence. A vehicle used under a trade licence is only exempt from the MoT testing requirement when being driven during the course of, or on completion of repairs, or when being driven to and from a pre-booked MoT test. A vehicle that has failed the test and has no current MoT in place must be towed to the place of breaking'. This means you were wrong to drive the car on the public highway.

And the bit you don't want to know - 'There is a maximum fine of £1,000 or five times the rate of duty chargeable in respect of the vehicle or vehicles, whichever is the greater, for:
• using a trade licence for a purpose not permitted by the regulations'. See above, or go to the government website to read it yourself - it's only 2 pages.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 030414.pdf

You really need to get out more!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:50 pm 

Hi :)

When i used to inspect cars for customers, i used to tell them regarding UNVERIFIED (paperwork/sevice books etc) mileage figures....

Its very easy...if unverified just add a number 2 to the front of the speedo figure....

Which wouldnt be a huge problem with any Porsche apart from the fact it affects the price drastically....

Having said all that , i dont think that price is unreasonable even if its done 228,000....lol

All the best Brett :)