Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Porsche 944 2.7 Manual For Sale
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:23 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hello Tipec.

One of my project Porsches must be sold and I thought I would list it on here a few weeks before it hits eBay. I have owned this car for about 2 years, I have done nothing much to it in that time other than drive and enjoy it. This is the one year only 1989 2.7l in guards red, black interior, manual transmission, late offset car.

As you can see, the car is far from mint, the car is on the road and is being used, but very infrequently, hence it being listed for sale.

The car has MOT until may, starts, stops and runs as it should. I have driven the length and breadth of the country in this car and it has never let me down. I distinctly remember running the whole M25, on one of the hottest days of the year, in rush hour traffic and the car handled it perfectly.

The car had its sills replaced prior to my ownership. It has not been done to a concourse standard, but they're solid and rust free. Annoyingly my MOT man failed the car this year on rusty sills, upon inspection once i got home it turns out that the rust was actually in the front lower wing section and not the sill, however this was repaired and passed the MOT with no advisories.

The car has a few bits fitted, braided hoses all round, a few pollybushes fitted, A stainless exhaust and a set of EBC Yellow stuff pads. The wheels are 15" early offset teledials which have good tread. This is the one year only model being the 2.7l 8v engine.

The car has its faults. It has some very poorly maintained bodywork, faded pink in various places, this may be restorable, I'm not sure. The passengers rear quarter has sustained a bot of damage from a sprinting event. The car had a clock change in its life so the displayed mileage is not going to be correct. The interior trims are lose, poorly fitted and could generally be tidied up with very little effort. the sunroof has also been sealed shut. I am able to include an early manual operation sunroof in Guards Red so any potential buyer has the option to return the car back to a manual operation sunroof. There is also a total lack of headlining in the car.

I suspect the car would suit someone with a bit of spare time to fiddle. There is nothing drastic that is needed, just a good collection of smaller things that need sorting.

The car drives relatively well. It has its fair share of squeaks and rattles but seems to offer a positive response and respond well when pushing on. Picks up very well and stops exactly as it should. As I write this advert I do wonder why I am listing it for sale, but ultimately i do not have the time to do what is needed, plus i have an itch in the form of a 911 which needs to be scratched.

The car is located in Kent. I am asking £5,000 for the car.

I am prepared to take a PX at trade value. Any questions please get in touch.

Post subject: Re: Porsche 944 2.7 Manual For Sale
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:01 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hi, this looks like the project car I need!
Is it still available and how can I reach you?