Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:03 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Essen Classic Car Show, Germany.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:15 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Hi All,

One of Yorkshires members (Edward) is planning a trip along to Essen this year. Edward has a 944 and a Phanther. If anyone is interested in going, please contact from details below. I cannot attend this meeting (would like to go) Already have plans for this year.

I shall be going to the Essen Classic in April. If anybody is interested in coming along, the cost that I paid was £340-00 for two, which included the following:-

Hotel Tuesday 6th April at Maidstone with full English Breakfast, (or meet 07.45hrs at Hotel at Maidstone or 09.15hrs Dover)

Ferry Wednesday 7th April Dover 10.00hrs arrive Calais 12.30hrs

Hotel 3-star Wednesday 7th April Waterloo, Belgium No meals. Bar, Restaurant, 24-Hour Front Desk, Newspapers, Terrace, Non-Smoking Rooms, Tennis Court, Library, Hiking, Packed Lunches. Wireless internet is available in the entire hotel and costs EUR 4.50 per hour.
Free public parking is possible on site during your stay. You can explore the historic city centre. The battlefield from the Battle of Waterloo is a short walk away from the hotel.
Hotel 4-star Thursday 8th and Friday 9th April Oberhausen, 6km from Essen, No meals. A long day at the show on Friday.
This 4-star hotel in the heart of Oberhausen awaits you with spacious rooms, a welcoming restaurant and a fitness area.
Relax in your air-conditioned room. Look forward to bright, welcoming décor and all modern facilities, including minibar, satellite TV and a work desk.

Regional and Mediterranean cuisine is served in the hotel's cosy restaurant. The sports bar invites you in for a draught beer, a cocktail or a snack.
Guests can keep fit in the NH Oberhausen's gym, relax in the sauna or make use of the solarium. Trams can be found right outside the hotel, and the railway station is a 5-minute walk away.

Shopping fans are 2 tram stops from CentrO, which is one of Europe's largest shopping and leisure centers. This is also home to the Sea Life Centre, the Metronome Theatre and the König Pilsener Arena.

Hotel 3-star Saturday 10th April Malmedy, Belgium, with Breakfast only. This charming small hotel provides you with a characteristic base in the beautiful High Fens area. Enjoy simple, neat guest rooms, the lobby bar with fireplace and the refined restaurant. Wake up each morning with a wholesome breakfast.

Taste delicious food and try some of the seasonal game dishes, freshly prepared with regional products.

The wonderful green surroundings are great for an afternoon of fishing in the Amblève River. Just a 10-minute drive will take you to the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. A good chance to explore the area where the battle of the bulge was fought. Fantastic roads and scenery. Also you are 70 miles about 1hr 50min from the Nurburgring.

Ferry Sunday 11th April Calais 16.55hrs arrive Dover 17.25hrs

The above is based on two people sharing and ferry crossing for one car and meals as stated. All the above hotels do very good meals but I chose not book them for now. The cost of admission to the show is £20-00 per person which is not included in the above price.

If you decide you would like to come along you must let me know no later than 14th Feb 2010 so that I can endeavour to book the trip at the same price that I paid or there abouts. I will confirm the actual cost and full payment will be required before any booking can be made.

If you wise to discuss it further please give me a ring on 07932 781959 or 01904 645033 or Email edward.pierce@virgin.net

Regards
John Oakes

928 S2, 1984
Mercedes E Class

Last edited by John Oakes on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Essen Classic Car Show, Germany.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TIPEC membership: 911
When is it?

Join the Club

Silver 1989 911 Speedster
Midnight Blue 2004 996 C4S Cab
Tahoe Blue 1990 964 C2
Zenith Blue 1998 BoxsterSold
Guards Red 1992 944 S2 Cab gone but not forgotten
Mediterranean Blue BMW 530e

Post subject: Re: Essen Classic Car Show, Germany.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:56 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
From 6th April till 11th April

Regards
John Oakes