Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:00 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cadwell Park March 26th £125 open pitlane
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:56 pm 

Our February trackday at Brands is now fully booked so we are looking towards Cadwell Park on Friday March 26th as our next track outing. We are running the usual setup of open pitlane, free tuition from our team of ARDS instructors and limited numbers to make sure you can get plenty of lappage on this fantastic circuit!

The list price for this event is £150 but as ever we are doing a special rate for the clubs that we work with to run these days and we’ve frozen last years price so you can book a place for just £125. Passengers can be booked in for a tenner and extra drivers for £35.

If you haven’t been to Cadwell before it’s one of the best circuits in the country, fast and flowing in some places, tight and twisty in others and with some gradient changes that you won’t believe until you have driven them - a fantastic trackday venue.

If you’d like the guided tour then here’s a video from one of the cars at last years event

Bookings can be made HERE but if you’d like to come along please shout up and I’ll PM you the discount code to get the club rate.

Cheers

Steve H
Trackaction-Online

Here’s a few shots from Cadwell last year

Post subject: Re: Cadwell Park March 26th £125 open pitlane
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:47 am 

TIPEC membership: 0
I'd appreciate you forwarding me the discount code, Steve, as I love Cadwell. Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:31 pm 

PM sent 8)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:55 pm 

I used to go to Cadwell as often as possible in my biking days and I reckon I know it well enough to spot the dodgy lines some guys were taking in that video link you gave us!!! :D some of those guys just couldn’t master the uphill, blind right-hander entry into Charlie’s at the start of Park Straight

Cadwell; it's an absolutely brilliant, technical, scary, satisfying roller coaster ride of a circuit. Go and have a go, you know it makes sense :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:22 am 

Charlies does tend to catch people out although I always find the exit at Charlies 2 to be much trickier as the temptation is to get the power on to accelerate onto the straight but the camber and slope reduce grip. I've raced bikes there as well but I prefer cars, they are harder to fall off :thumbleft:

Steve H

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:57 pm 

It's a tricky one Charlies, it tends to make a rider/driver want to turn in and enter the corner too early which ruins the line and makes for a slow lap with the risk of coming a cropper... The trick is to hold a wider line until the crest of the (blind entry) rise is reached and then turn in and aim for the apex of the bend. Ground clearance (for bikes) can run out very quickly on this corner and you need to let the bike drift to the left slightly and then get on the gas quickly and tuck in behind the screen for the short blast up Park straight to Park and Chris curve; two bends taken as one (double apex right-hander) and on to the the Gooseneck; brilliant.... :D them wot days, as we say up Norf....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:29 am 

Quick bump for this one, we have one week to go and some spaces available if anyone wants to sign up...........