Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:35 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Driftday at Oulton Park Feb 21st, TIPEC discounts!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:44 am 

Hi Fellas

After having a chat with Jim (hotblack944) I just wanted to pop on here and introduce myself :hello2:

I'm one of the organisers with Trackaction-Online, we are a trackday enthusisasts website and we also run some of our own track and driftdays which are open to our members and other owners clubs.

Our next two events are coming up and we've agreed some discounts for TIPEC members :wav:

In March we are running a trackday at Cadwell Park (CLICK HERE FOR TIPEC THREAD!) but first up we are heading for Oulton Park on Feb 21st for a driftday on their polished tarmac drift stages. These are two tight twisty circuits which are surfaced with a low-traction tarmac that is ideal for practicing oversteer control and drift techniques. The low grip finish is very easy to drive and slide on and has the added bonus of being kind to your tyres compared with most types of tarmac and concrete with drivers reporting as little as 1mm wear over the full day! This is the ideal event for rear or four wheel drive cars and anyone who wants to learn more about how their car reacts in a slide without risking lamposts, armco or the boys in blue!

This is the kind of feedback we had from our last day there -

Quote:
The track really is unbelivably slippy, but once you get used to being a bit more delicate its great fun.

All in all a fantastic day, never waited more that 3 mins in line, sometimes just went strait out again.

I will definatly be at the next one.

Had a great day..

Quote:
Just got back. What a great day out. That much fun should be illegal.

Thanks for all involved in organising it

This is a shot of part of stage 1 taken when I was instructing there in Caterhams

We limit the numbers that we allow on the day to ensure that everyone gets plenty of tracktime and we include free instruction for anyone that wants it.

Our normal rate for the event is £140 but we have agreed a club discount so TIPEC members can come along for only £120. Passengers can be signed in for just £10 and extra drivers for £35.

Please post up any questions that you have or let us know if you'd like to come along and I'll sort out booking details and discount codes :D

Cheers

Steve H

Post subject: Re: Driftday at Oulton Park Feb 21st, TIPEC discounts!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:43 pm 

Here's a few photos from the day -

A perfect day, dry and sunny, no incidents and everyone had a lot of fun 8)

Next one is on May 9th :mrgreen: - THREAD HERE!!

Steve H
TA-OL