Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:16 pm
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Coventry Festival of Motoring
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:35 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4635
I've booked for this event which takes place over 6-7 Sep.

I'm just doing the Sunday run (which is a long route in a huge cavalcade of vehicles) which starts and finishes in War Memorial Park. There is a more extensive programme including display of vehicles in front of transport museum, buffet reception etc.

I've watched the run a few years back which was excellent, and been to the event in the park which is also great (good play area there for kids too). Can remember meeting a guy there who showed me round his 928 on the PCGB display which made me more determined to get one!

You can book online at http://www.festival-of-motoring.co.uk but deadline is 25th July.

Maybe anyone who signs up can add there name to this thread and we can meet up in the park on Sunday?

Post subject: Re: Coventry Festival of Motoring
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:24 pm 

TIPEC membership: 4635
Just had message from organisers to say this is cancelled (Sat + Sun).

Due to the current and forecasted severe weather conditions unfortunately it is necessary to cancel this year’s Coventry Festival of Motoring. The decision was made after long discussions between the organising committee of Coventry Transport Museum and CV One.

Despite best efforts to find an alternative venue, which included consideration of using the RICOH Arena, it proved impossible to find a location that could accommodate the 800 vehicles taking part and still ensure that everyone experienced a quality, enjoyable and safe event.

The venue for Sunday’s event, War Memorial Park, is waterlogged and so the organisers have made the difficult decision to cancel the entire weekend. This includes the full Saturday programme in Millennium Place and the evening reception to be held at the Museum.

Malcolm Oliver, Chairman of the organising committee said:

“We are really sorry that we’ve had to make this difficult decision. We really wanted to give all entrants and spectators a good show and a quality event however with the current and forecasted weather sadly this will not be possible.”

The organisers will be writing to each of the entrants in the next few days to thank them all for their support and understanding. If you know someone who has entered the Festival, please contact them to advise of the cancellation.

The organisers have said that as a nationally recognised event, the Coventry Festival of Motoring will return even bigger and better in 2009.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:32 pm 

Depressing isn't it? :(

Treasurer

Porsche 928 S2 (SOLD)

Porsche 944 S2 (SOLD)

Porsche 924s (Track Day toy)
Porsche 924 Martini (New project)
Porsche Cayenne S (Daily driver)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:08 pm 

What a pity

I am still trying to organise a visit to Coventry Transport Museum for Saturday 13th September with members cars on display at the museum

See you there hopefully!

See you there hopefully if the weather is better!

See you ther hopefully if the weather is better and the arrangements can be completed in time!

See you Monday night at the Red Lion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:43 pm 

Thats a damn shame, I've been to the Sunday at the memorial a few times..
Great atmosphere with a wonderful selection of motors, briliant seeing them moving rather than static

garyw