Porsche Enthusiasts Club Forum

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:12 am
Classic Line Insurance

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Porsche Passes and Palace's European Trip September 2013
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:58 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6699
I may be miss reading the web site. It seems to say historic cars - over 30 years are exempt, cars post 1993 get a sticker allowing different access depending on you CO2's and cars inbetween 1983 & 1993 cant get a sticker.

I have applied anyway and I copy the reply below:-

Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for your order of an emissions sticker for your car.

We have checked whether your car fulfils the criteria required for the issue of an emissions sticker. Unfortunately, we have to inform you that, even when making full use of our scope of discretion, we cannot issue an emissions sticker for your car.

Your payment of € 14.99 will be reimbursed without delay.

Thank you for your confidence in our company. Stay safe and happy driving!

Kind Regards

TÜV SÜD Auto Service GmbH
Kundendialog & Service Center
Gewerbepark C35
93059 Regensburg
Germany

A3 Black

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:18 pm 

TIPEC membership: 0
Are there still 2 places left for this tour (is that one car 2 persons ?) ??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:09 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6704
Hi everyone,

Just got in, hence not replying earlier. The issue with the Umwelt sticker is that after a certain age, they can't issue without a test. The point of the sticker is to control CO2 emissions.

Technically you need to take your car to a test centre when you get there and get your car tested. You then pay the appropriate levy and get a sticker.

We have to tell you how to do things officially obviously, but Sean is right they are rarely checked and we are only just nipping in and out of the zone anyway.

So officially you should go to a centre when we get to Stuttgart and get the test, or you could follow Sean's example :wink:

The tour is now fully booked. We had kept one room "just in case" but that went last night.

Previous - 997 GTS with aerokit, aqua/black, PDK - Fantastic car would recommend.
997 C2S with aerokit, basalt/black, manual - Good car with great feel. More authentic than the GTS (PDK) but less capable.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:46 pm 

Hi Mark

Just so I am clear.....

If I went to a test station with my 1990 964 would I get a certificate / sticker?

How far in to the zone are we nipping in and out ?

I do have a choice of car to to take. It depends how the audience feel about travelling with a AMG Merc tagging behind?

Dave

A3 Black

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:57 pm 

Hi Dave,

Officially. You would take your car to a test centre (if you knew where there was one and if it was open on the day of our visit, and if you had time). They would test your car, charge you the appropriate amount and issue a sticker.

We are only going a couple of miles into the zone, parking and then going out of the city. A number of people don't get a sticker, and on our tours thus far, no-one has been stopped.

You will appreciate though that I can't make the decision for you, I can only give you an "official" line.

Previous - 997 GTS with aerokit, aqua/black, PDK - Fantastic car would recommend.
997 C2S with aerokit, basalt/black, manual - Good car with great feel. More authentic than the GTS (PDK) but less capable.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:07 pm 

Terry Howell wrote:
Are there still 2 places left for this tour (is that one car 2 persons ?) ??

Probably should have added there are still places left on next years Classic Le Mans Tour;
http://www.europeandrivingtours.co.uk/t ... -may-2014/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:11 pm 

Cheers Mark

I guess I should take this offline. So my last word on the subject in public is... I understand the law was 'tightened' in October last year, where you have to have a green sticker to get anywhere in a control zone. So I worry that things have changed.

I am not risk adverse, I am just trying to measure the risk, frankly if I took the AMG it would cost me many times more than the fine in petrol! So what does the point on your licence mean?

Dave

A3 Black

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:08 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6045
I am in same boat with a 1990 964 C2 cabriolet. Am presently in France on holiday so am a bit out of touch. Have applied for emission sticker but not aware of any response yet. Does anyone know the fine that I will be risking if I choose to risk it without required sticker??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:27 pm 

TIPEC membership: 6855
I'd consider winging it if I knew what the spot fine would be if caught!

968 M030 Koni dampers & ARBs, Head & Drivetrain, Clutch & flywheel, Dual port wastegate, Chips, 3bar FPR, 928 Fuel pump, 993 Dump valve, Water pump, Calipers, AFM & airbox, TPS, Dinitrol, Shifter, Wheels

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:45 pm 

Day 4 :bom:

Day 4 - Tuesday 24th September 2013 - Riva del Garda to Chur - 240 miles total

After breakfast depart hotel at 09.00.

Follow Sat Nav Route “13.09 TIPEC Day 4am” - Riva del Garda to Bormio - 150 miles - 3.5 hours.

We begin by heading back north on the motorway, taking the opportunity for fuel near Bolzano. At Merano we head west towards today’s highlight, the Stelvio Pass (see POI 10). Here we can tackle the pass in both directions, turning round in Bormio (here you can refuel if you have been heavy footed on the Stelvio!) before taking lunch in one of the cafes or restaurants at the summit.

Leave the Stelvio Pass at 14.30 and follow Sat Nav Route “13.09 TIPEC Day 4pm” - Stelvio Pass to Chur - 90 miles - 2.5 hours.

After lunch we continue to take in beautiful alpine scenery as we cross the Umbrail, Offen and Fluela Passes on our way to our hotel in the Ski resort of Chur (see Hotel Details Day 4). There is a petrol station near the hotel but some others early on tomorrow’s route.

More tomorrow, have a good evening.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:02 pm 

Porker wrote:
I'd consider winging it if I knew what the spot fine would be if caught!

I think its about 40euros... that's all..

I've been in with groups over the last few years and never asked or stopped for the disc
It's a main road into the Factory and then you park up underground out of the way- much more chance of an issue if you parked on road in the centre of the city and were spotted by a warden.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:34 pm 

TIPEC membership: 996
I booked onto the tour this morning, very excited! Room sharing with porker, poor b45tard!

In stuttgart at the moment, having travelled here today. Nearly 1000k in 11 hours and were still fresh, the car is an amazing touring wagon! Were visiting the museum in the morning. I have a green sticker in the windscreen.

Just to say if anyone is worried about the sticker, I'm happy to ferry in and out of the zone on the tour day if you want to park outside it as I'll be on my own in my car with loads of space!

2013 Panamera Platinum Diesel, White
Sold April 2013 2009 997 C2S Gen2, Arctic Silver
Sold Aug 2010 2002 996 Carrera, Polar Silver
Sold May 2004 2003 Boxster S, Seal Grey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:11 am 

TIPEC membership: 6045
Many thanks Paul for the kind offer. Hopefully will not need to take up lift offer as would like my 964 to be part of photo opportunity in front the Museum (if that opportunity arises).
Watched video of a motorbike going down Stelvio last night - absolutely terrifying despite the fact that until a few yrs ago I used to ride a Honda VFR800 - so may want a lift at Stelvio!!!!!
Nick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:14 am 

TIPEC membership: 6855
^ thanks! Backup plan sorted :D

On the other matter: I have good earplugs and sleep like a log so I'm sure we'll get on famously :lol:

968 M030 Koni dampers & ARBs, Head & Drivetrain, Clutch & flywheel, Dual port wastegate, Chips, 3bar FPR, 928 Fuel pump, 993 Dump valve, Water pump, Calipers, AFM & airbox, TPS, Dinitrol, Shifter, Wheels

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:09 am 

Paul Mabley wrote:
I booked onto the tour this morning, very excited! Room sharing with porker, poor b45tard!

Good to have you on the tour.

You will make a lovely "couple" ! :D :lol:

Just off to collect Wolfi NOW!

My rides: 02 Boxster S - perfect in many ways although mine has been likened to Trigger's Broom; 1988 911 3.2 Sport - so much feel and character, a challenge to drive well, a flawed diamond in many ways, but every journey is an occasion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next